PDA

View Full Version : Negative table talk

TheLoser
05-04-2003, 04:15 AM
me and my friend were discussing a person from our local pokerroom and how he always complaing at the table, and my friend made the comment that he would stay in with crap against the player to the river to try and "get him" I know other players who have the same thought process so last night online whenever someone rivered me or got lucky I would type in and call them stupid etc. By the end of my session any time I was in a pot I had a ton of action and everyone trying to run me down with crap and it ended up being a very good session. I have heard alot of talk that bad mouthing people just gets players to leave the game, but it has been my expirience that most players will just stay with worse draws and ridiculous hands to try and "get someone" rather then leave the game, comments?

MrGo
05-04-2003, 04:28 AM
Negative table talk is almost as bad as smoking at the table. If a player needs to use negative table talk to get players to stay longer in the hand to try to "get you", then...well, I won't go there.

Don't use negative talk at the other player's expense. I don't find anything right with it.

TheLoser
05-04-2003, 04:32 AM
I think it is a tool to make more money, I have seen players do all sorts of things that are borderline cheating to get more money...do you play poker to make money or be friendly?

MrGo
05-04-2003, 04:37 AM
I see your point and where you're coming from. But by being an ass at the table, people will start to catch on and know your name and not play with you.

Now if this is online, then it's different since it's only font they have to put up with. But at a real table, it gets annoying and stale pretty quickly.

Rainbow Warrior
05-05-2003, 01:19 AM
I think you're all fing idiots!!!

See you at the tables.

MHoydilla
05-05-2003, 02:14 AM
Is the tatic nice no, is it effective yes. I have talked sh*t to some players at mid range NL/PL HE games and found it to quite profitable. Bear in mind that talking crap to a bad player is going to make him get up and leave. I only use this behavior once in a while and againest good oppenents who I am trying to get on tilt. You must realize if a good player gets up and leave that may be good, but if a bad player gets up and leaves thats horrid. I find myself going out of my way to accomidate and be friendly to poor players. The longer these players stay the more they loose, meaning the more likely you win.