PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I win more than a half a f@#$ing bet?

pshabi
09-15-2005, 08:20 PM
50k+ at $3/6 6-max, various sites.

I have some #s that are out of whack. I'd love to hear some feeback from some winners who can identify some glaring holes.

http://photobucket.com/albums/a212/Pshabi/?action=view&current=Pokertracker1.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/a212/Pshabi/?action=view&current=pokertracker2.jpg

bank
09-15-2005, 08:26 PM
Here's your two biggest problems:

66% fold when BB. Defend your blinds more...try to bring this number down to 55-60

28% attempt to steal blinds...open up your range (get this number to at least 32)

imported_leader
09-15-2005, 08:36 PM
* you're folding the BB to steal too much.
* You're aggression is out of wack. You just bet bet bet raise fold. This doesn't work against over aggressive 6-max opponents. You have to give these guys rope and let them hang themselves. You're raising when you should be calling. You're pushing these Aggressive players off their nothing hands. It’s OK to check/call, check/call, check/call sometimes. Flop AF should be more like 2.5-3. Turn ~ 2.
*You're FRB is too high as well.

bank
09-15-2005, 08:46 PM
Oh yea...your folded to river bet is over 45% ... you're folding/getting pushed off hands wayy too much.

Grisgra
09-15-2005, 08:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh yea...your folded to river bet is over 45% ... you're folding/getting pushed off hands wayy too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know that that's true, at 3/6, which I think is fairly passive. I did pretty well at 5/10 with a FRB in the low 40s. And he's super-agg on the flop and turn, meaning that if they're betting the river he's probably in trouble.

Post your "stats by position" screenshot, please.

pshabi
09-15-2005, 09:26 PM
http://photobucket.com/albums/a212/Pshabi/?action=view&current=positionstats.jpg

pshabi
09-15-2005, 09:31 PM
I agree with what you said in terms of my aggression. I've feel like I'm improving in that area.

I feel like my high FRB and high agg factor are in correlation do to situations where I have AK or some other raising hand in EP. I'll get cold-called by someone in position. I bet, he calls both the flop and turn and I haven't improved. I check the river, they instabet and I fold. That seems to happen a lot.

I'm sure there are many other factors which contribute to this as well. For a while I was letting to many hands w/outs go and wasn't getting to showdown enough. That can [censored] with your AF.

I'm not sure how I can even win since it seems I have some fundamental problems here. It's hard for me to identify specific situations where I am overaggressive.

joker122
09-15-2005, 09:44 PM
you need to steal alot more.

imported_leader
09-15-2005, 10:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree with what you said in terms of my aggression. I've feel like I'm improving in that area.

I feel like my high FRB and high agg factor are in correlation do to situations where I have AK or some other raising hand in EP. I'll get cold-called by someone in position. I bet, he calls both the flop and turn and I haven't improved. I check the river, they instabet and I fold. That seems to happen a lot.

I'm sure there are many other factors which contribute to this as well. For a while I was letting to many hands w/outs go and wasn't getting to showdown enough. That can [censored] with your AF.

I'm not sure how I can even win since it seems I have some fundamental problems here. It's hard for me to identify specific situations where I am overaggressive.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're problem is bigger then just aggressively playing overs I think. Say you flop a high top pair (A-Q) with a [censored] kicker or even second pair against aggressive opponents, are you raising to "try to figure out where you are?" Generally, it would be better just to get to showdown.

pshabi
09-15-2005, 11:03 PM
Thanks.

pshabi
09-15-2005, 11:33 PM
Is this too aggro? I want to showdown, right? So it didn't cost me in this particular situation because I didn't bet on the river. Should I have checked the turn?

Ultimate Bet 3/6 Hold'em (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (5 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (5.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB

[ QUOTE ]
* you're folding the BB to steal too much.
* You're aggression is out of wack. You just bet bet bet raise fold. This doesn't work against over aggressive 6-max opponents. You have to give these guys rope and let them hang themselves. You're raising when you should be calling. You're pushing these Aggressive players off their nothing hands. It’s OK to check/call, check/call, check/call sometimes. Flop AF should be more like 2.5-3. Turn ~ 2.
*You're FRB is too high as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

pshabi
09-15-2005, 11:43 PM
Ultimate Bet 3/6 Hold'em (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (2.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (4.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 6.50 BB

imported_leader
09-15-2005, 11:52 PM
I'd have bet the river there too and called a raise against an unknown because of the busted draws on board. You shouldn't be checking the turn here. I don't think your problem is in situation like this. You have the initiative here. It's fine to keep betting when you have something. It's when your on the defense already that you might want to consider a more passive line. Don't try to take the initiative from Agr. players who will just Bet-bet-bet with any two.

imported_leader
09-15-2005, 11:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (2.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (4.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 6.50 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

goot /images/graemlins/smile.gif

pshabi
09-16-2005, 12:26 AM
right on

Thanks leader.

pshabi
09-16-2005, 12:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd have bet the river there too and called a raise against an unknown because of the busted draws on board. You shouldn't be checking the turn here. I don't think your problem is in situation like this. You have the initiative here. It's fine to keep betting when you have something. It's when your on the defense already that you might want to consider a more passive line. Don't try to take the initiative from Agr. players who will just Bet-bet-bet with any two.

[/ QUOTE ]
That last bit seems like a good piece of advice. I think that is something I need to improve.

PokerBob
09-16-2005, 12:49 AM
i think your folded to river bet is too high. your turn aggression also seeems a bit high to me. get to showdown more.

pecto
09-16-2005, 01:07 AM
U really have to stop playing at pokerroom. Man, look at that rake!!! It's eating you, play at sites with lower rake and u'll do more than 1bb/100

witeknite
09-16-2005, 01:30 AM
I'm pretty sure he isn't playing there anymore. The hands he posted were from UB, and we pm'd a couple of times about jumping ship to Party when it opened 3/6. This does beg the question...what the heck are you doing at UB, man?

WiteKnite

protocol
09-16-2005, 03:18 AM
I'm sure you already know this, but 50k hands doesn't mean much.
My last 50k were at 0.3 BB/100. The 50k before that were at 2.2 BB/100.
And your stats are very similar to mine.