PDA

View Full Version : Will you still be playing SNGs in the year 2015?

stanzee
09-15-2005, 07:29 PM
Ten years from now, do you think you'll still be playing SNGs or any form of poker at all? Be interesting to hear your thoughts on the future.

FakeKramer
09-15-2005, 07:40 PM
I have no clue.

If I were forced to wager a guess I would say that I will have a normal career, but still play poker leisurely for like 10 hours a week or so.

Maybe if I'm rich, make an annual trip out to Vegas to play in a WSOP tournament of choice. One thing I'm pretty confident about: I'll bet I'm not taking it as seriously 10 years from now as I am right now.

Nice thread.

tshort
09-15-2005, 07:41 PM
Yes. I hope I can move up to the 11s by then.

tshort
09-15-2005, 07:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nice thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are being serious?

FakeKramer
09-15-2005, 07:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nice thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are being serious?

[/ QUOTE ]Yes. Is there any good reason I shouldn't be?

beeyjay
09-15-2005, 07:46 PM
if its still legal and profitable. like somebody else said theres no way ill still play everyday and spend nearly as much time studying it as i do now.

stanzee
09-15-2005, 07:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nice thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are being serious?

[/ QUOTE ]

Listen, if you don't like the thread, why bother reading, and why bother replying?

My thoughts are, that i'd love to still be playing in 10 years time. I love the game and find it incredibly interesting and still get a buzz from it. Doubt i'll stick to SNG's however, as i feel i'm rarely learning new things now, but will certainly aim on improving my ring and short handed poker. Then hopefully i can move on and learn another poker discipline.

If however, i find i'm turning into a break even or even a losing player in 10 years time (maybe because the games get too tough, lack of edge etc) then, and only then can i see myself quitting before 2015. Can't see myself getting bored if i'm still winning money, but hey, who knows?

johnnybeef
09-15-2005, 07:54 PM
High falsetto voice: In the year 2015, In the year 2015......

Johnny: Johnnybeef will still be playing sngs and will finally have enough self control to be able to spend within his means. This will mark the first year that he will be properly rolled for the 109s, and he will be taking lessons from none other than Dalibaby. On a side note, Skipperbob will be even more senile then he currently is, and his posts will be understandable only by Yugo.

High falsetto voice: In the year 2015, In the year 2015.....

Isura
09-15-2005, 08:56 PM
Probably playing higher limit cash games as a hobby and as a 2nd income, with hopefully more frequent live play.

09-15-2005, 09:13 PM
No idea. I might be dead. /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif
Shooby

HoldingFolding
09-15-2005, 09:21 PM
Nice reply. I think this is where I see myself too. No longer interested in grinding out SnGs, but enjoying the game and financing my forays into big (online) MTTs like the WCOOP NLHE $2500 (or whatever it is by then) in the hope of glory and life-changing amounts of filthy lucre.

Ogre
09-15-2005, 09:35 PM
no