PDA

View Full Version : pretty lost. 77 in big pot

supersub
09-15-2005, 07:18 PM
i have about 70 hands on each opponent, all from the current session. Both utg and mp are awful. Beyond awful actually. Utg is just plain clueless while mp might be drunk or something.
He has done some really weird plays that has given me some trubble and he is also running very good during the last 45 minutes.

I am almost certain that both are likely to take their hands to the river no matter what, as long as they have one overcard or any remote draw. Mp might even need less then that.

i am not sure about my own play on any street.

party 5/10 6max, six handed

Hero is sb with 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Utg (51/14/0,97) raises, MP (92/18/0,7) calls, CO (26/19/3,4) raises, Button folds, Hero calls, BB folds.

Flop: (13 sb) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif (Four players)
Hero checks, UTG bets, MP calls, CO raises, Hero calls, utg calls, MP calls.

Turn (10.5 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (Four players)
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP bets, CO folds, Hero raises, UTG calls, MP calls.

River (16,5 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif (Three players)
checked around.

09-16-2005, 05:50 AM
Fold preflop.

09-16-2005, 05:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.

Poldi
09-16-2005, 06:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

supersub
09-16-2005, 09:11 AM
yes, i do fold here 90% of the time.
But the quality of my opponents plus the fact that the flop will be easy to play the vast majority of times persuaded me to call this time. i might have been wrong, of course.

Any toughts about post flop?

purnell
09-16-2005, 10:59 AM
Fold preflop, because you are out of position with a marginal hand facing aggressive opponents (bad or not, their aggression forces you out). You need AA-JJ, maybe AK to play here, and you should cap. If I misclicked and found myself involved, I would drop on the flop unless I caught a set or the flop was all unders.

edit: Your turn raise puzzles me. There are 3 of them and an overcard just fell. As you said, they are going to see the river. There is a some chance you are good, but if you are, as you can see from this result, you aren't getting any more out of them on the end unless someone wants to bluff again, and your turn raise nixed that.

09-16-2005, 11:05 AM
No way I fold preflop given this lineup. MP calls anything, so he doesn't need to have any kind of hand here and CO is very aggro, which means he could have any PP or KT or whatever. CO's 3-bet is particularly suspect when you consider that he may well be raising light to isolate the uber-fishies.

Call preflop, then do whatever you can to protect your hand on an innocuous flop like the one you had.

I check/call the turn with my 6 outs. Fold the river.

Transference
09-16-2005, 11:14 AM
Given the way it played I really really want to knock people out on the flop but I think its really really unlikely.

Since the pot is huge I think spending the 3BB to cold call the flop and raise the turn is a good line. I think by doing this your pretty likely to neutralize the aggressiveness of villians and might get a freeshowdown against one or two villians saving you the fourth BB.

FWIW I think the preflop call on this table isnt terrible but I'd just fold when CO 3bets as hes really likely to have you crushed.

obsidian
09-16-2005, 11:16 AM
I think folding pre-flop is pretty bad here. I 3-bet the flop.

obsidian
09-16-2005, 11:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW I think the preflop call on this table isnt terrible but I'd just fold when CO 3bets as hes really likely to have you crushed.

[/ QUOTE ]
CO is a tag who very aggressive pre-flop and would most certainly like to isolate the two horrible players with position. His 3-betting standards are most likely much lower than a big PP here which is the only thing you are crushed by. You are getting about 3.5-1 and the implied odds of making your set more than make up the rest against these opponents who will call down with most anything as the OP stated.

purnell
09-16-2005, 11:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
CO is a tag who very aggressive pre-flop and would most certainly like to isolate the two horrible players with position. His 3-betting standards are most likely much lower than a big PP here which is the only thing you are crushed by. You are getting about 3.5-1 and the implied odds of making your set more than make up the rest against these opponents who will call down with most anything as the OP stated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Against three opponents who are going to see the river, how often is your 77 going to win a showdown?

Because of your position, you can be made to pay more when you lose, and you get less when you win. That is, the implied odds favor your opponents because they are in a better position to exploit them.

aslowjoe
09-16-2005, 11:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Against three opponents who are going to see the river, how often is your 77 going to win a showdown?

Because of your position, you can be made to pay more when you lose, and you get less when you win. That is, the implied odds favor your opponents because they are in a better position to exploit them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for saving me typing

obsidian
09-16-2005, 11:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Just about everytime you hit your set. It just so happened that the flop came about as good as they come without hitting your set.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
There is more to implied odds than position. I just think you call and follow the no set, no bet line this hand would be profitable.

supersub
09-16-2005, 01:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I check/call the turn with my 6 outs. Fold the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really think i should fold the river (considering the opponents) with middle pair getting more than 16-1?

That thought didnīt cross my mind. When CO folded the turn i was pretty much taking this baby to showdown.

09-16-2005, 01:29 PM
Maybe you're right given the pot size. Although I'd bet you're behind pretty close to one out of eighteen times here.

supersub
09-16-2005, 01:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

edit: Your turn raise puzzles me. There are 3 of them and an overcard just fell. As you said, they are going to see the river. There is a some chance you are good, but if you are, as you can see from this result, you aren't getting any more out of them on the end unless someone wants to bluff again, and your turn raise nixed that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, they are probably going to the river.
But it felt wrong not to try to protect my hand when the best possible thing happened on the turn (CO folded). For all I know, MP might be using "tilt blocker" to cover up his hole cards /images/graemlins/smile.gif, and if UTG has JTs or something it would be hard to call even for him.

But again, every street in this hand felt weird.