PDA

View Full Version : Busting out a lot in levels 4 and 5 - any ideas?

pergesu
09-15-2005, 07:03 PM
I've been treading water over the past 260 games (well, actually it's been a roller coaster, but I'm just above even right now), and am taking a look at where I can plug some leaks.

I looked in my PT stats and saw that I'm losing a ton of chips in levels 4 and 5..every other level I'm making a ton.

Not sure what any of this means, so I'd like some opinions. Does it mean I'm getting too aggressive with weak hands at these levels?

Here are my position stats.

Level 4:
Button 7,731
1 <font color="red">(262)</font>
2 1,168
3 1,337
4 <font color="red">(150)</font>
5 <font color="red">(20)</font>
6 1,270
BB <font color="red">(17,423)</font>
SB <font color="red">(9,205)</font>
Total <font color="red">(15,554)</font>

Level 5:
Button <font color="red">(5,847)</font>
1 3,248
2 2,213
3 <font color="red">(4,342)</font>
4 1,267
5 0
BB <font color="red">(204)</font>
SB <font color="red">(7,975)</font>
Total <font color="red">(11,640)</font>

The first thing that jumps out at me is that I'm losing a ton of chips on the button at level 5. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say I should be massively profitable on the button, instead of losing so much there.

As I said, I don't really know what this means, but I'm leaning toward it being that I'm too aggressive too early. Hopefully someone here can interpret these better and suggest some adjustments.

Maulik
09-15-2005, 07:28 PM
The first thing that jumps out at me is that I'm losing a ton of chips on the button at level 5. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say I should be massively profitable on the button, instead of losing so much there.

As I said, I don't really know what this means, but I'm leaning toward it being that I'm too aggressive too early. Hopefully someone here can interpret these better and suggest some adjustments.

I could be very wrong, but you can probably look over many of yout btn plays on those lvls and see what kinds of hands you're pushing or raising with and what kinds of hands you're getting called with. chances are they are calling too much and you aren't taking that into consideration when you play the btn.

that and the kinds of stacks you are playing profitably on the btn and poorly, you being a big stack or small stack. surely most 10 opponents won't realise that but you sure do.

GtrHtr
09-15-2005, 07:55 PM
With this snapshot, I can only say that you need to check your pushing and calling standards in level 5. That and the other players calling standards in the 11s is remarkably poor so you may not be getting the cards you need when you do push.

Patience.

stupidsucker
09-15-2005, 09:45 PM
260 games means a max of 2600 hands at each level...

sample size = TINY!

Check to see where you got your chips in.
were you ahead? how is the luck factor? were you being too aggressive or getting blinded out?

Once you figure these things out, then you are on your way to knowing the answer. With only the stats you have provided there isnt a story to be told.

lorinda
09-15-2005, 09:48 PM
I looked in my PT stats and saw that I'm losing a ton of chips in levels 4 and 5..

I believe it is very common for low and mid stakes winning players to lose chips at 25/50 and 50/100 levels on Party.

Lori

Freudian
09-15-2005, 09:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I looked in my PT stats and saw that I'm losing a ton of chips in levels 4 and 5..

I believe it is very common for low and mid stakes winning players to lose chips at 25/50 and 50/100 levels on Party.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

I tend to think of level 4 and 5 as one 20-hand level and if I am doing ok on them aggregately I don't worry too much.

The reason is that I have in the past driven myself insane overanalyzing how I am doing at the specific levels (for example if I was breaking even at level 4 but made a big profit at level 3 I would try to find things to fix in level 4, despite there not neccessarily being much wrong with the way I played it).

These days I am more relaxed. As long as I am happy with the shape I'm in when level 5 starts on average, I don't panic.

johnny005
09-16-2005, 03:05 AM
I think the thinkg that stands out the most too me is the fact that this is only a 260 games sample those numbers dont mean anything.
If you really think about it.. How many hands would you say you play on average per game. lets say 50.
260X50=130000
Noiw devide that by 10
13000/10=1300
thats only 1300 hands in each position. You could be doing everything right and still have these #'s.

pergesu
09-16-2005, 03:23 AM
The number of games isn't enough to say whether my ROI is accurate, but I think it's plenty to say that, at least recently, I probably have been making a lot of mistakes at these levels.

It's possible to go 50 games OOTM and it just be unlucky. It's far more likely that you're a horrible player. In this case, I'd like to discover and plug some major leaks in my play.

pergesu
09-18-2005, 09:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

Levels 4 and 5 are 50/100 and 75/150, if that makes any difference to you.