PDA

View Full Version : Are Stars SNGs Easier Than Party?

Supersetoy
09-15-2005, 06:00 PM
Just wondering how many of you out there feel that you are better at Stars SNGs vs. Party. I've been playing on party for the past 3 years, bonus whoring and playing multiple SNGs and a few MTT, but the SNGs are where I make a good chunk of my money.

After I found that Stars offers FPPs (to finish bonuses) for SNGs, I moved over and tried out a few of them.

The two games I'm comparing are the $55 and $105 Turbos on stars vs. the $55 and $109s on party. (Although I tend to play the $33s more often on party). The last two months, I have deposited $600 both times for the bonus and have cashed out +$800 and more each month (including $120 bonus) just playing $55 turbos on Stars (and a few $105s). And I know, my sample size is ridiculous, but I honestly don't think I'm "running well" either.

What I attribute it to:
1 person less to worry about.
Having a larger stack to blinds ratio deep in to the tournament (more specifically heads up).

Am I completely off base here? Anyone else feel this way? I did a search, but every post here contains either "party or stars".

sng-sam
09-15-2005, 06:15 PM
no

mjm
09-15-2005, 06:16 PM
I find that my ROI is better on stars but my hourly rate better on party. On stars i don't tend to play the turbo's the avg sng lasts an hour but I enjoy it a lot more than the turbo's or party structure.

FakeKramer
09-15-2005, 06:59 PM
Side Question: How is the structure in the Stars turbos? Are they so bad that it turns into a luck fest? How would you expect one's ROI after 500 regular $55 Stars SNGs to change after they play 500 turbo $55 Stars SNGs?

Thanks

Iamafish
09-15-2005, 07:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And I know, my sample size is ridiculous, but I honestly don't think I'm "running well" either.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are.

Getting good cards doesnt just mean you're running well, there are so many other factors.