PDA

View Full Version : Any Canadian Neteller users...help me!

ChuckyB
09-15-2005, 05:48 PM
I just cashed out from one site to my Neteller account and noticed I got dinged 2.7% for currency conversion (American to my Canadian dollar Neteller account).

Would it be better to have my Neteller account in US$ so I don't take those dings until I withdraw to my bank?

Can I deposit from a Canadian dollar bank account into an American dollar Neteller account?

Wyers
09-15-2005, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just cashed out from one site to my Neteller account and noticed I got dinged 2.7% for currency conversion (American to my Canadian dollar Neteller account).

Would it be better to have my Neteller account in US$ so I don't take those dings until I withdraw to my bank?

Can I deposit from a Canadian dollar bank account into an American dollar Neteller account?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. You should have your Neteller account in US$. Call them to find out if you can switch it over (or you may have to close and reopen). I recall people posting that they had an easy time converting their account.

You will get dinged when you move the funds from Neteller to your Canadian account....however...

Empire and Party offer an EFT as a withdrawal option for those with Canadian bank accounts. They will transfer the funds directly to your CDN bank account without charging a transaction fee.

It is a beautiful thing.

prayformojo
09-15-2005, 05:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Been there.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, much better. You can transfer back and forth between poker sites and Neteller, and only get dinged once when you take your cash to your bank account. This works well, especially when you keep an online bankroll big enough for bonus whoring so you're not putting money into neteller (or not often), just cashing out.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but you do get hit with a conversion fee (1.9%) on deposit and withdrawal. You'll have to close your current account first. Support was helpful when I did exactly this.