PDA

View Full Version : Turn help...

Nacarno
09-15-2005, 05:39 PM
There are so many hands the BB could have on the flop... flush draw, K with a weak kicker, a weird two pair, QJ... the list goes on. Any reasonable bet on the turn commits me and I'm either way ahead or way behind but I have no idea which. So... what's my action?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t2785)
MP (t1370)
CO (t3675)
Button (t1505)
Hero (t1480)
BB (t2685)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t200</font>, BB calls t150.

Flop: (t400) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t280</font>, BB calls t280.

Turn: (t960) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ???

junkmail3
09-15-2005, 05:44 PM
Hm...

Check I think. Likel you said, he could have anything at this point, but I don't really know how much credit I'd put on the flush draw ... just because it seems pretty unlikely in the range of hands he could have.

It's very likely that he could have a T, and wants a cheap showdown against your 'steal'.

I don't know though ... checking seems a litle weak, and opens yourself up to getting bluffed too easily, but I don't know if I want to commit my stack on this hand.

bluefeet
09-15-2005, 05:51 PM
Occasionally I'll regret this...but I push the turn without hesitation. With his chip domination over you, we can certainly rule out AK. Two-pair is coming over on this coordinated flop - as would a set. I agree, that he might just have "a piece" here - testing your move on the turn. I would personally feel very confident we're ahead at the flop. And willing to risk my tourney that he's not holding 2-clubs. Your quick push on this turn DESPITE/(or maybe BECAUSE) of the 3rd club will get him to dump a straight draw or middle pair, that might improve on the river if we stab weakly/check here.