PDA

View Full Version : Do any poker players like the extra games at PokerRoom.com?

joeypoker789
05-04-2003, 12:42 AM
I was surfing around tonight and noticed PokerRoom has
BlackJack, Baccarat and ChinesePoker. Not as many as players as regular poker games but quite a few none the less(about a 100 players earlier tonight).

So I was wondering if there are any serious poker players that also like these play against the house games? Is this a new trend for poker rooms? Makes sense to me if you think of a big B&M but I don't remember seeing this in any of the other major poker rooms.

jasonHoldEm
05-04-2003, 02:37 PM
Well, chinese poker is still against the other players w/ a rake, I tried it, but didn't care for it. Personally, i think it's a much more "luck" oriented game where if you don't hit those bonus hands you can get beaten up pretty bad...I was happy to leave with +$5 after a half hour.

Blackjack and baccarat are "sucker" games if you ask me, especially because there's no way to gain an advantage (on the ones at pokerroom) because the deck is shuffled every hand (i.e. no card counting)...for those who like to play though they might be fun, I blew some play money on then just for fun when they first launched them.

They also have slots now for the incredibly foolish /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

jHE

lefty rosen
05-04-2003, 05:27 PM
Hey the way the average 1/2 player plays there maybe they should play the slots at least they could hit the million to 1 shot it pays better then chasing a gutshot to the river 1 on 1...........