PDA

View Full Version : Should I put it all-in?

JonLines
09-15-2005, 05:16 PM
Ladbrokes $45k Guarenteed $100 rebuy tournement. 250 started, 125 left, top 20 places pay.

Hero 6k
Villian 4k

Blinds are 150/300, Folded round to small blind who raises 900. Ive seen him make this raise more than its fair share since the blinds have gone up. I am going to re-steal to affirm my place on the board, and put villian in his place. Do i make a re-raise, if so, how much, or do i go all-in?

DireWolf
09-15-2005, 05:24 PM
if i raise, i push

nath
09-15-2005, 05:24 PM
Any reraise would leave you (or him) pot-committed so you might as well go all-in.

Are there antes? If there aren't antes I probably wouldn't attempt this without at least a semi-reasonable holding.

Exitonly
09-15-2005, 05:32 PM
yea if you raise, it's a push... but what's your hand? that's pretty important.

You'd rather do this w/ a hand that won't be dominated when called.. so 89s would be better than A9o in this situation.

LethalRose
09-15-2005, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Should I put it all-in?

[/ QUOTE ]

not at first, tease a little bit.

JonLines
09-15-2005, 05:52 PM
Well I didn't think hand was important, I needed to make the move then, I love to be aggressive and steal blinds, i wanted the power, I didn't want him stealing the blinds every time it was folded round, so this was the time. I had J4o, foolishly (i was busy with a bigger hand in another tourney) I only raised to 2k, this guy also being hyper aggressive, re-raised all-in, i obviously have to call the last 2k now regardless, and he turns over Q5o. Should of pumped it all-in, just wanted confirmation.

nath
09-15-2005, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well I didn't think hand was important, I needed to make the move then, I love to be aggressive and steal blinds, i wanted the power, I didn't want him stealing the blinds every time it was folded round, so this was the time. I had J4o, foolishly (i was busy with a bigger hand in another tourney) I only raised to 2k, this guy also being hyper aggressive, re-raised all-in, i obviously have to call the last 2k now regardless, and he turns over Q5o. Should of pumped it all-in, just wanted confirmation.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly why you move in, so you don't even give him the option to THINK he can push you off the hand. But you seem to have figured that out so no reason to belabor the point.
He isn't savvy enough to think that you betting half his stack is a sign you want a call, either, so make note of that.