PDA

View Full Version : Harringtons books

09-15-2005, 04:37 PM
Hi,
sorry if this is posted in the wrong topic but i thought i might be able to get a couple more answers here.

I was thinking about buying both of Harringtons books but my only question to you guys is, do you think the stratigies in this book would apply to small stakes tournaments like $5 and $10?

I know that there are some really advanced moves and was wondering if i could apply them to small stakes tournys.

09-15-2005, 04:45 PM
there is nothing overwrought or too advanced for any stakes in Vol. I, vol. II I dont know, but as that concentrates on late play, it might be so.

bottom line, if you dont buy this and theory of poker, you're doing yourself a disservice...

but hey, you're doing a service to the bankrolls of all those you play with /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

all joking aside, I had the same questions... but not only will these books make you a better tournament player at ANY level, but will get you thinking in the right direction for all aspects of your holdem game.

09-15-2005, 05:18 PM
I have read vol 1 and use it for small stakes games (learning the game). This is a really good book as it gives many practical examples.

Definetly a really good book for beginners not knowing how to play misc situations in no limit turnement.

I was in my first turnement and ended 33 out of 2400. I played in the style of his recommendations.