PDA

View Full Version : Easiest PLO sites?

Sole
09-15-2005, 04:06 PM
Of course it seems that Party has its usual level of softness, but I'm also noticing that UB has some donks at their PLO tables.

How are the games at Stars?

Spellmen
09-15-2005, 04:48 PM
I was shocked at the games on Pokerroom for the brief time I played there, I always thought Party games were loose, but these games were just wild

mshalen
09-15-2005, 05:11 PM
Have to add Bodog to the list. Not a big table selection but most of the players bet with a good holdem hand.

DarthIgnurnt
09-15-2005, 05:20 PM
Overall UB is the softest ... which is a big surprise to me.

Also, it may be just because I'm "expecting" it, but I've seen more participation and more action at PLO in the last few weeks since the WSOP episode aired.

Thank god people continue to apply what they see in a 1-hour, edited, final table tournament broadcast to regular ring games.

09-15-2005, 06:22 PM
Pokerstars has the tightest PLO tables across all limits. Play is still pretty weak at the lower limits, though.

Take a look at PokerStars PLO right now, where there are 5 or 6 25PLO tables running with avg pots between $4 - $8. Now at the same time there are about 20 games going on Party, most of which have an avg pot over $10, some as high as $20.

Spellmen
09-15-2005, 07:59 PM
Pokerstars calculates avg pot differently I believe. Say a pot is $10 and I bet $5 into it and my opponent folds, Party counts this as a $15 pot whereas Stars it is a $10 pot. This is my understanding at least although I may be slightly off

DarthIgnurnt
09-15-2005, 10:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pokerstars calculates avg pot differently I believe.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're correct. PP counts uncalled bets into average pots, PS does not.

PP has consistently and dramatically higher pots, and I don't notice the play to be any different.

pavement
09-15-2005, 11:52 PM
At what level does the donkiness stop at UB? The higher level tables seem to be dominated by the same group of players and on any given day, someone different has the big stack, with a few notable exceptions like Smaugs who has a big stack everyday. I had been playing the .25/.50 tables but I've noticed a few players lately that normally play higher (up to $2/$4). Are the sharks going to more shallow water?

DarthIgnurnt
09-16-2005, 08:19 AM
There will be good players at every level, but I wouldn't guess that too many truly good PLO players have begun to populate the lower limits. Quite the opposite ... I think TV has begun a mini holdem-omaha migration, which is the best thing that could happen.

I would say that a 2+2er, who plays a patient, solid game can dominate UB lower stakes (through, say $1/2). I started my PLO "career" there and didn't need to vary my play much to move up stakes.

I think this is also true, of course, for PP and PS, but I noticed the play at UB to be particularly and consistently bad.

Beavis68
09-16-2005, 03:13 PM
Don't forget about Doylesroom.

Limited selection but really bad players.

darkcore
09-16-2005, 07:01 PM
since they introduced the new rake at pokerroom (which means less rake to pay in plo) there is a increase in plo-games and the new players are playing better. the games became a lot less fishy during the past two weeks imo.

and the new poker point structure makes bonuses harder to clear.

09-17-2005, 11:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
since they introduced the new rake at pokerroom (which means less rake to pay in plo) there is a increase in plo-games and the new players are playing better. the games became a lot less fishy during the past two weeks imo.

and the new poker point structure makes bonuses harder to clear.

[/ QUOTE ]

The games here can still be juicy, but not everyone at the table is a complete moron.

The new PP structure does suck though. Only getting 70% of the points that I used to.

Filip
09-18-2005, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Overall UB is the softest ... which is a big surprise to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I only play tournaments on UB, last time i was in a ringgame was 05/03/2005 and then it was a rockgarden. Just sat down and after 7 hands there been none unraised hands preflops. 2 times people have stacked of on the flop with 2 pair.

I suspect i am gonna loose 4 buyins!

TheRempel
09-18-2005, 08:27 PM
Stars tables are generally tight, especially in relation to Party and UB, but I have found most of the players to be easily readable and very predictable.