PDA

View Full Version : Why is 2p2 taking so damn long to load today?

pokerdirty
09-15-2005, 04:03 PM
or is it just me?

tonypaladino
09-15-2005, 04:11 PM
it's not just you

asofel
09-15-2005, 04:29 PM
olivia metup with kwazar and they're currently running a DDoS (http://webopedia.com/TERM/D/DDoS_attack.html) attack against the 2+2 servers

(added explanation link for n00bs)

pokerdirty
09-15-2005, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
olivia metup with kwazar and they're currently running a DDoS (http://webopedia.com/TERM/D/DDoS_attack.html) attack against the 2+2 servers

[/ QUOTE ]

is this a joke, or true?

ps, where's the link?

asofel
09-15-2005, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

is this a joke, or true?

ps, where's the link?

[/ QUOTE ]

The link is on the DDoS, and no, i'm very very serious. As you can see, they stopped once I figured it out. Things should be good now.

SL__72
09-15-2005, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

is this a joke, or true?

ps, where's the link?

[/ QUOTE ]

The link is on the DDoS, and no, i'm very very serious. As you can see, they stopped once I figured it out. Things should be good now.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pokerdirty
09-15-2005, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

is this a joke, or true?

ps, where's the link?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well, mine is still slow as [censored]. it won't let me open the first OOT page. it lets me see posts rather quickly though.

ddubois
09-15-2005, 05:12 PM
Please someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it has something to do with retarded ad servers? If that is true, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a fix for the problem by blocking some domain, but I don't know.

El Barto
09-15-2005, 05:20 PM
I also find OOT to be the slowest (and sometimes never) loading forum.

I think this may be due to the number of threads listed in OOT (see the number of pages of threads listed at the bottom of the threads list).

If you set the Show setting for "active in the last day" this may make the page load faster. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

This of course is not to excuse the general lack of speed of 2+2 today, but we all know that [censored] happens.

asofel
09-15-2005, 05:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

is this a joke, or true?

ps, where's the link?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well, mine is still slow as [censored]. it won't let me open the first OOT page. it lets me see posts rather quickly though.

[/ QUOTE ]

mine was slow too but i reallocated some disk for extra swap space and it seems to be making a difference.

MrTrik
09-15-2005, 05:34 PM
It would appear it is getting slowed down by trying to hit all the add servers. conjelco, pokerstars, etc. Just watch the bottom bar and see where it's getting stuck.

No clue here whether it's connectivity at 2+2 or somewhere between their servers and the add servers.

unreal_nh
09-15-2005, 05:43 PM
very irritating /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

MelK
09-15-2005, 05:43 PM
I emailed Chuck, probably not the first to do so.

weinstock@conjelco.com

tom441lbk
09-15-2005, 06:18 PM
yeah happened earlier, fine now

sublime
09-15-2005, 06:20 PM
cuz your mom is getting horsed by mat

stabn
09-15-2005, 06:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

is this a joke, or true?

ps, where's the link?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

mine was slow too but i reallocated some disk for extra swap space and it seems to be making a difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl.

Klepton
09-15-2005, 06:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Please someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it has something to do with retarded ad servers? If that is true, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a fix for the problem by blocking some domain, but I don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you run mozilla there is a way to fix this.

someone chime in and tell them, i forgot.

asofel
09-15-2005, 08:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

try

if you run mozilla there is a way to fix this.

someone chime in and tell them, i forgot.

[/ QUOTE ] here (http://adblock.mozdev.org/)

btw, once you dl ad block just ad *adserver* as one of the rules and you're good.

asofel
09-15-2005, 08:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

is this a joke, or true?

ps, where's the link?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl.

[/ QUOTE ]

whatever dude, suit yourself...

<font color="white">fun, isn't it ;p </font>

pokerdirty
09-15-2005, 08:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
cuz your mom is getting horsed by mat

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif

PITTM
09-15-2005, 09:32 PM
there is a "block hosts" file somewhere on your computer that my friend edited for me to take out most ads, so the advertisements just show up as blank white spots. however, posting this would be bad for 2+2, so i dont think im going to do it.

rj

pokerdirty
09-19-2005, 12:32 PM
bump. this site is still too [censored] slow. admins, what the [censored] is going on?

steelcmg
09-19-2005, 12:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
bump. this site is still too [censored] slow. admins, what the [censored] is going on?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its been this way since last week for me.

asofel
09-19-2005, 12:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

did you try the swap space trick? its a little difficult but i noticed improvement immediately.

Soul Daddy
09-19-2005, 12:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not having problems on the actual poker content forums. There's some sort of conspiracy going on here.

pokerdirty
09-20-2005, 04:46 PM
bump until the problem is fixed...

this is just ridiculous now

jakethebake
09-21-2005, 02:36 PM
What is going on with this? It's just 00t. The other pages are loading fine. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

M2d
09-21-2005, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What is going on with this? It's just 00t. The other pages are loading fine.

[/ QUOTE ]
until you responded to my sporting events post I wasn't sure you knew there were other forums here.

fwiw, it's only OOT having problems for me as well.

asofel
09-21-2005, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
until you responded to my sporting events post I wasn't sure you knew there were other forums here.

[/ QUOTE ]

damn...beat me to this ;-)

Shajen
09-21-2005, 03:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

other forums? WTF are you babbling about? There is OOT. That is enough.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

RacersEdge
09-21-2005, 04:34 PM
This site has been dragging for a couple days now.