PDA

View Full Version : strangers with candy

chuddo
09-15-2005, 03:18 PM
watched a few episodes last night on dvd and wanted to know if anyone else is a fan of the show.

my favorite episodes are probably the illiteracy/cheerleader episode, and the one where mr. jellineck loses his face in the car accident.

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/118/1977/640/polaroid.jpg
http://entimg.msn.com/i/150/ce/0304/AmySedaris_150x208.jpg

kyro
09-15-2005, 03:19 PM
Hey! You're that guy! The one everyone is talking about!!!!

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-15-2005, 03:19 PM
Terrible, terrible show. It ranks right up there with Where's My Bush and Sports Night as worst show of all time.

IndieMatty
09-15-2005, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Terrible, terrible show. It ranks right up there with Where's My Bush and Sports Night as worst show of all time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sports Night was a good show.

kyro
09-15-2005, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"It's a comedy that's too good to be funny"

I think that's how it goes. But I liked it as well. "Where's My Bush" had its moments but for the most part sucked and I hate SWC.

chuddo
09-15-2005, 03:23 PM
how many episodes have you seen? and any recently?

'the george lopez show' is a terrible, terrible show. strangers with candy is great.

cdxx
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sports night was awesome.

the other show was called That's My Bush. it was underrated, but still not good enough to stay on tv.

HopeydaFish
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was "That's my Bush"...and was definitely one of the worst shows of all time.

The only episode I attempted to watch had a storyline that revolved around an aborted fetus being a guest at a White House dinner.

Soul Daddy
09-15-2005, 03:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I hated it when it was on network, but I found it rather enjoyable years later when it was rerun on Comedy Central.

imported_The Vibesman
09-15-2005, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
sports night was awesome.

the other show was called That's My Bush. it was underrated, but still not good enough to stay on tv.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, Sports Night was good.

The first episode of That's My Bush, with the aborted fetus that survived and lived for thirty years and came to dinner at the WH, that was funny. The rest went downhill really fast. I think Parker/Stone didn't have the control over the show they wanted; for example, they were going to have the Bush daughters be lesbians, but the network backed down from the premise, and they eventually just left the girls out altogether.

imported_The Vibesman
09-15-2005, 03:30 PM
I can't get into this show. It kind of grosses me out.

cdxx
09-15-2005, 03:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't get into this show. It kind of grosses me out.

[/ QUOTE ]

me too!!! silly me thought i was the only one.

tom441lbk
09-15-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
watched a few episodes last night on dvd and wanted to know if anyone else is a fan of the show.

my favorite episodes are probably the illiteracy/cheerleader episode, and the one where mr. jellineck loses his face in the car accident.

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/118/1977/640/polaroid.jpg
http://entimg.msn.com/i/150/ce/0304/AmySedaris_150x208.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

same girl, holy [censored]?!?!?

ddubois
09-15-2005, 06:47 PM
It's a man, baby!

09-15-2005, 06:48 PM
Under what conditions did you see her naked?

Brain
09-15-2005, 06:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

09-15-2005, 07:06 PM
I was talking to a friend last week about this show and neither one of us could remember the title. Thanks!

tonypaladino
09-15-2005, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
how many episodes have you seen? and any recently?

'the george lopez show' is a terrible, terrible show. strangers with candy is great.

[/ QUOTE ]

man, I haven't seen strangers with candy in years

it was okay.

george lopez is just "eh", but it's much better than sports night. I really think the only people who say they like sports night do so to make themselves feel smaerter than everyone

KDawgCometh
09-15-2005, 09:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bubu
09-16-2005, 01:19 AM
That's my bush was really hit or miss. On average bad, but there were a couple of episodes which were incredibly humorous. (the execution one, and the smelly pussycat - pure pure gold).

gamblore99
09-16-2005, 08:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was "That's my Bush"...and was definitely one of the worst shows of all time.

The only episode I attempted to watch had a storyline that revolved around an aborted fetus being a guest at a White House dinner.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds [censored] hilarious

imported_The Vibesman
09-16-2005, 08:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]

man, I haven't seen strangers with candy in years

it was okay.

george lopez is just "eh", but it's much better than sports night. I really think the only people who say they like sports night do so to make themselves feel smaerter than everyone

[/ QUOTE ]

Or maybe some people just have different taste than you.

I think people who say things like this are utter tools. I don't need to say I like Sports Night to feel smarter than you, dude, I just need to spell "smarter" right.

I don't think you liking George Lopez or Strangers w/ Candy is some conspiracy to try to make me feel stupid.