PDA

View Full Version : why lock the trainwreck?

citanul
09-15-2005, 03:13 PM
that chuddo post, why is it locked?

Evan
09-15-2005, 05:15 PM
I was about to post the same thing. I don't see why that post should be locked.

MrWookie47
09-16-2005, 12:10 PM
In the thread asking about why it was locked (started by Patrick), there was a post from a new member about it. He said he was acquainted with the girl. He described how she was receiving numerous harassing IM's and other forms of communication, and she's not taking it well at all. She sent a letter to the authorities asking for that thread to be closed, and the poster in that thread asked that it be locked as well. You might be able to dig up Patrick's thread if it hasn't been deleted FMI. If that message was true (likely), then I think that locking that thread is definitely best. It's all fun and games until someone starts getting death threats.

Dynasty
09-16-2005, 05:05 PM
It's unfortunate that OOT has a recent history of being used as an organizing point to harass other websites. There is more than one example of 2+2ers sending non-stop attacks in the direction of other message boards with no other purpose than to humiliate those who post on the other site.

citanul
09-17-2005, 01:43 AM
guys,

sorry, i hadn't read far enough to find out the extent of what had happened, ie, didn't even know that the girl's pictures had been posted besides one of her smiling or whatever.

i was very vocally upset when the oot crowd "banded together" to take down the myspace poker site or whatever it was. personally i think that that sort of stuff should be ground for some sort of punishment, as it really does put a bad taste on 2+2 for the "casual outsider" as it were. i mean, i know that i and many others were disgusted by it and other things that have occurred, and i was pretty tempted just to leave after all that.

i wouldn't be all that against banning people who i found out in any way attacked that girl, or even another poker site. meh.

didn't mean to step on anyone's toes.

citanul