PDA

View Full Version : Absolute Poker -- A Review

jek187
05-03-2003, 07:06 PM
Absolute Poker is the home to the world's sweetest 1st time deposit bonus. The terms are $150 max, 35%, 100 hands to cashout. The one catch is that you have leave your deposit + bonus on site for 30 days. However, you are free to cash-out your winnings at any time.

However, the bonus is the best thing about the site. The traffic is low, usually one 4-8 handed game at the 1/2 or 3/6 level during US primetime hours. The players there are poor to average. There's a couple very nicely bankrolled fish that play shorthanded...not sure if they're still there or not.

At first glance, the software looks to be a copy of Stars. I had thought for the first little bit that Stars had licensed it's software like Poker.com. The stats, chat, and graphics look the same from both Absolute Poker (AP) to PStars. You can even have your own little picture like at Stars. However, this illusion was shattered when I sat down to play. 1st off, for some reason this relatively simple software put a huge drain on my computer's resources. Everything else was incredibly slow while running the AP client. Even AP was slow, trying to type in chat was like trying to type in Pacific's chat...if not worse. Even more maddening is the floating chat AP uses...it covers your cards when you're in a hand.

If you advance action the fold command, and go off to do something else, AP pops up to show your cards folding. Irritating. The BB also has no advance action buttons except fold (why just fold of all buttons? weird huh?) Also, if you precheck the 'bet' button and someone bets into you, you automatically call. Same thing if you check raise (not raise any, just raise) if someone raises in front of you, you just call 2 cold. Absolutely maddening. And costly. So beware of that situation.

I cleared my bonus in 4.39 hours of play...over 90% of it at the 3/6 level. I cashed out my winnings, and it hit in Neteller in 2 days. I would consider going back and playing there again, once they work out the majority of the aforementioned bugs.

Late Update: I just went onto AP one last time to review what limits they offered, and I had to DL a large update. So, some of the bugs I've mentioned may be fixed. Also, they have scrapped the 1/2 and added a 2/4 instead.

CtPokerPro
05-04-2003, 05:03 PM
Hi Jek,

100 hands is all that is required to cashout the entire $150? Is this regardless of the bonus? If I only deposit $200, i will get $70 I guess. Do I still need to play 100 hands?

Thx for the info, I had never heard of this room until I saw this post.

RiverMel
05-04-2003, 05:29 PM
Yes, it's 100 hands regardless of the bonus / deposit amount, but beware the 30 day waiting period on cashing out the bonus.

Inthacup
05-04-2003, 06:59 PM
Have you gotten your original deposit yet jek? If not how much longer till the 30 days is up?

jek187
05-04-2003, 07:48 PM
I am eligible to cashout my $579 (429 depo + 150 bonus) on 5/21. I fully expect to get paid since they cashed out my winnings (and they were actually substantial this time /forums/images/icons/grin.gif ) w/out any problems. I can post when I get the $579 if you'd like...but I was just planning on mentioning something if I got hassled.

PokerFinder3
05-04-2003, 08:58 PM

Instinct
05-04-2003, 09:11 PM
Pokerfinder3 4,5 whatever ... Go away ..... please

PokerFinder3
05-04-2003, 09:15 PM
I WILL LEAVE ON ONE CONDITION:
I get an official apology for the treatment by this board moderators

Mat Sklansky
05-04-2003, 09:38 PM
I officially apologize. Now please keep up your end of the deal.

Sincerely yours, Mat.

PokerFinder3
05-04-2003, 09:55 PM
I accept your apology and will NEVER EVER post at this place until invited. I hope that you will still allow me to come and still read some of the information that I have been coming here for years. I read your books and find them very informative in improving my game.

I hope you will turn this internet category around and start replacing these junk posts with some useful information which was and I hope still is your mission and my intention to read as useful information to help me.

Best Wishes,
PokerFinder

jek187
05-04-2003, 10:23 PM
Taken from http://mail-abuse.org/standard.html

An electronic message is "spam" IF: (1) the recipient's personal identity and context are irrelevant because the message is equally applicable to many other potential recipients; AND (2) the recipient has not verifiably granted deliberate, explicit, and still-revocable permission for it to be sent; AND (3) the transmission and reception of the message appears to the recipient to give a disproportionate benefit to the sender.

My post may of met conditions 1 & 2 but certainly not 3. Thus, it's not spam. Genius.

Instinct
05-04-2003, 10:45 PM
Thanks Matt.

CtPokerPro
05-05-2003, 03:21 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I officially apologize. Now please keep up your end of the deal.

Sincerely yours, Mat.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. I think I have been missing alot by spending most of the time at RGP. You guys are a riot. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Sorry for being ignorant here, but I assume Mat Sklansky is related to David Sklansky? Brother? Son? Cousin? I enjoy David's writings, but I think this Mat must be the funny member of the family.