PDA

View Full Version : This hand made me sick :(

Burdzthewurd
09-15-2005, 02:38 PM
3/6 LO8 4-handed

No read on BB

I raise A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif2 /images/graemlins/club.gif5 /images/graemlins/club.gif, 2 folds, BB thinks a little and calls

Flop is 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB checks, I bet, he calls

Turn Q /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB checks, I bet, he checkraises, I call

River 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB bets, I fold

Was my bet on the turn ok with a small flush and nut low-draw, or was I just asking to get checkraised by a 4, a boat, or big flush?

BettyBoopAA
09-15-2005, 02:55 PM
folding the river is a mistake, you win enough times to make a call correct. Turn bet is fine with only 1 other player in the hand.

Drizztdj
09-15-2005, 03:32 PM
Don't figure on the flush draw winning the hand, you're playing for half the pot after the turn (the c/r should tell you that). Unless the guy was on a naked A2 draw with two pair you made a good river fold.

I don't think you win enough times here to justify a call.

Buzz
09-15-2005, 06:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This hand made me sick

[/ QUOTE ]

Burdz - Yep.

[ QUOTE ]
Was my bet on the turn ok with a small flush and nut low-draw

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Heads-up it was the correct play, in my humble opinion.

[ QUOTE ]
or was I just asking to get checkraised by a 4, a boat, or big flush?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well.. yes, you were asking to get checkraised by one of those. But the chance your heads-up opponent actually had one of those was slim enough for you to bet (about 3 to 1 against, I think, and most of the 1 is for three of a kind) - and after the turn you still had a fair chance to make low.

Trouble is, you can't really tell if your opponent actually has your mimi-flush beat or not. Maybe BB is just check-raising with trip fours.

And maybe BB is check-raising to set you up for a bluff should the river not enable low!! (BB might put you on a low draw after the turn because of your pre-flop raise and flop bet. Depending on BB's cards, from BB's perspective low is only roughly ~50% to get there).

I agree with Betty on this one. I think you bite the bullet and call on the river.

Just my opinion.

Buzz