PDA

View Full Version : 22 - flop raise - river plan

cockandbull
09-15-2005, 01:44 PM
Villian seems a little loose/passive and doesnt go to showdown to much. 27/13/1.5 from 160 hands. w to sd 28%.

Hows this look, whats my plan if the river brings a heart or A?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter (http://www.pokerhand.org)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>

kidcolin
09-15-2005, 02:06 PM
This hand seems like massive spewage, on all streets.

preflop: fold
flop: He's passive, but he 3-bet an UTG raiase. Are you just praying the K scares him and he'll let it go?

My guess is you pushed him off a hand or he had AQ, but I think in the long run this is pretty bad.

GTSamIAm
09-15-2005, 02:10 PM
If he's at all loose and passive, I would quickly lean towards folding the flop. You don't have the best hand, and it's likely you can't push him off his hand.

kidcolin
09-15-2005, 02:13 PM
Sorry.. missed it was 4 handed. I don't hate the preflop raise then. I still think the rest is spewing.

cockandbull
09-15-2005, 02:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
flop: He's passive, but he 3-bet an UTG raiase. Are you just praying the K scares him and he'll let it go?

[/ QUOTE ]

Which hands do you see him just calling the flop with? It looks to him like i have at least a K and as the flush draw also got there i can't see him calling down with QQ, AQ unless he has an heart. If the river brings a heart or A then it makes it tricky to work out whether to bet or check given the chance. Also could i call a river...

I am open to the fact i may have messed up here...

kidcolin
09-15-2005, 02:39 PM
I know he doesn't go to showdown much, but that might just be because he peels too many flops and turns with little to nothing. Do you really think he's releasing QQ 4 handed? Or any pocket pair for that matter? He might release a few unimproved Ace-highs. Maybe a few mid pocket pairs if another paint card hits the river (assuming he calls the turn). But I think you're seeing a better hand at showdown pretty often, here.

Assuming he calls the turn, I think your play is to check behind on the river unless a 2 hits. If he calls the turn with a mid pocket pair, he's probably calling the river.

mcvalenc
09-15-2005, 02:57 PM
I think the preflop raise is fine. Just fold the flop, he's likely got a reasonable 3betting range and the K hits way too many of his unpaired 3betting hands.