PDA

View Full Version : Learn from my experience-PPM seat selling.

Inthacup
05-03-2003, 04:35 PM
For those of you who have already won a PPM seat, congrats. If you are playing in more to get a second seat, I have some thing you should know before you try to sell it.

First: Know how much you're going to ask for it. You probably won't be able to get sticker price for it(9k, I think?). Selling it for 8k won't be a problem.

Second: Know where to advertise your seat. I posted here and on RGP and got about 10x more responses from RGP. A simple "PPM3 seat for sale" title with your email address visible is all that's needed.

Third: Make sure you contact Party Poker and Card Player Cruises. Several people interested in seats will contact either of these parties and ask them to get a deal from them. I sold my seat(7200 value last year) for $6000 to Card Player cruises.

Fourth: Be patient. If you win 2 seats in this first set of semis, it may take a while to sell the seat, but the cruise isn't for 10 more months. Hold out for the best price, a good buyer will come along.

Some additional notes about being on the cruise: Food is included, but alcohol is rarely free. They do have a duty free store on the ship which has very nice prices. Bring soft drinks with you if you want them. They charge more than $1 for a coke, so stock up before boarding, or while you're on an island. Buying drinks at the bar will put a serious dent in your wallet. Bring a healthy bankroll for the side games. They're almost always going and the house charges a % on any money you get from them. There are more tourneys on board(a $300 and $1000 buy-in no limit tourney. So bring enough cash to play in those if you want. Tipping is an implied expense. They don't "require" it, but you and everyone else will. Expect to pay about $75 to $100 in tips.

I'm sure I'm leaving some stuff out, but if you have any questions, just ask.