PDA

View Full Version : Standard right? Defending and flopping a big draw.

Guy McSucker
09-15-2005, 12:07 PM
Stars $5/10. I have 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif in the BB.

UTG folds. TAG-ish MP raises. Folded to me and I call.

<font color="blue">Is this a standard hand to defend?</font>

Flop: J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Yay.

I check-raise the flop with the plan of betting the turn unless it's an A, K or Q.

<font color="blue">Is that a standard line for everyone? How do you handle a flop three-bet? And what do you do on the river if he calls the check-raise, calls the turn bet, and you miss.</font>

Thanks,

Guy.

spydog
09-15-2005, 12:23 PM
I checkraise this flop and lead the turn, any turn. If villian plays back at me on the flop or the turn then I call unless I improve, maybe even calling the river if I make a pair and the board doesn't get too broadway-heavy. If he decides he wants control of the hand then I just checkraise if my draw comes in. However, I might be inclined to lead my flush if it hits because he might get scared enough to check behind. Your other draws are pretty well hidden and worthy of a checkraise.

If he calls the checkraise and the turn bet, I can be pretty sure he wants to call this one down, so I just give up.

Poldi
09-15-2005, 01:44 PM
Exactly how I would play it.

Catt
09-15-2005, 01:48 PM
Against tenacious opponenets or guys who love the "smooth-call flop and raise turn" line, I check the turn a good bit.