PDA

View Full Version : 88 3rd pair on turn, I start thinking

flair1239
09-15-2005, 11:18 AM
Hero 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif in BB

Villian is MP2 35/12/2.3: PAHUD Info over 250 hands, has bet the flop after a raise 90% of the time, Turn aggression is 2.5, bets and raises many turns.

PF: Villian raises, SB calls, hero calls

Flop: (2-players) (6SB) Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Check, check, bet, SB folds, I call

Turn: (4bb) 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Hero... begins thinking

I thought about leading the flop, but figured that would just lead to a raise from him, and I was not wild about three betting. So I figured to see the turn and go from there .

I am not sure how I feel about the 9. IMO it probably does not change much. But I really can't be sure.

The pot is small and check folding, does not seem outrageous. But against this player, I feel that might be giving up too much as his open raising range is probably fairly broad.

I think if I am not beat it seems reasonable to assume that he has anywhere from 3-10 outs, with 6 probably the most likely. This would seem to push me towards betting.

The problem as I see it is, I could easily be raised by a worse hand here. I am of the opinion that I can't bet/call-Check/call.

Here is where I am at. I am fairly ceratin that he is betting the turn if I check. So being that I could be beat already, and the pot is small... is it really that big of a deal if I check/call. He probably will not take a free card anyway.... I have more thoughts on this, but I want to see the general reaction first.

Bonus Question: What if turn was a Ten?

Bluffoon
09-15-2005, 11:29 AM
If I felt I really couldnt fold against this oppoenent I would check-call and bet out a blank river.

Aces McGee
09-15-2005, 11:49 AM
I probably bet the flop, hoping that MP2 raises to put pressure on the SB. I'd absolutely hate to overcall a flop bet from MP2 if the SB is still around.

The turn is tricky. Against most opponents I say bet-fold, but it sounds like you think this guy is capable of raising the the turn with something you beat. If that's the case, check/call is probably better.

-McGee