PDA

View Full Version : no content/me crying

bosoxfan
09-15-2005, 10:01 AM
I signed up for multi and did the sign up bonus 700 raked hands took me about 1000 to clear it. During this time playing a mix of .50/1 and 1/2 I up about $3 not including the bonus so I was ok with this. Started the reload bonus and have played about 2500 and am down 75 bb again playing the mix of .5/1 and 1/2.

It started out running bad but playing bad is now part of the problem too. I know some of you guys who play a lot more than I do will laugh at this but this is my longest bad streak and I can't seem to get out of it.

Any advise on what you guys do to break out of streaks like this?

thanks

Rev. Good Will
09-15-2005, 10:04 AM
is the run of bad cards affecting your play? If it is, just take a break, have a little "no poker" vacation for a few days.

EDIT - almost forgot, maybe check out OOT... but try not to get sucked in. OOT is Freakin Fabulous!

Octopus
09-15-2005, 10:06 AM
(Easy for me to say, but ...)

Do not think about the streak. Think about the hand you are playing and try to play it as well as you can. Think about the table you are playing and whether you want to keep playing at it. (Can you identify specific mistakes your opponents are making?) Think about the level you are playing and whether you have a proper bankroll for it.

But do not think about the streak.

jrz1972
09-15-2005, 10:06 AM
Just play your way through it.

Seriously. Since you're trying to clear a time-sensitive reload this is not the time to "take a break and clear your head," and to be honest I wouldn't recommend that anyway. If this is your first downswing, you need to steel yourself to playing your way through these things. You can't be "taking a break" every time you hit a little bump in the road.

Think of this as a growth experience, like puberty. It sucks, but we've all been through it and are much better off as a result.

AdamL
09-15-2005, 12:42 PM
If you know you're playing bad, take a week or two off. At the end of the time off (and I mean no poker at all), read some SSH and then you'll see where you were wrong. Then play some more.

I hope this is interesting.

deception5
09-15-2005, 12:44 PM
Play fewer tables.
Post hands.
Take a break if you feel like you're going to lose everytime you sit down.
Get used to it /images/graemlins/smile.gif