PDA

View Full Version : 50 dollar rebuy (live)

09-15-2005, 09:49 AM
This is a hand from my tournament last night.

The table currently has 6 players on. The blinds are 25/50, it is pot limit and the starting stacks are 1000. This is a rebuy tournament.

I am UTG+1,
CO is quite a tricky player likes to bluff and doesn't play that many hands.
Button is a very poor player, can't even read the board, however doesn't play that many hands.

I have passed every hand for 3 rounds now, getting a very tight image, but in all honesty I was dealt 2-x every hand, QT in UTG and some other pretty rubbish hands. I decide to use my image to take a pot, I raise pot from UTG + 1 with 77. I think that from the way I have played that if I flop a set I might get paid by any pair aswell as being able to use my image to steal the pot if they make a higher medium pair.

CO calls, Button calls, Blinds fold,

Pot is now 175 from me, 75 blinds, 175 each from CO and Button. Total : 600

Flop comes : 783

I bet out 275, my total stack here is 1000 - 175 = 825.

Both opponents have around 1000 aswell so chip stacks are equal.

CO calls getting 875 : 275, roughly 3.2 : 1. Dealer Folded

Pot now : 1150

Turn : T

I bet 400 into this pot, CO raises and I call.

-------------------------

My bet on the turn was based on thinking that it would be a mistake for anyone to call as implied odds will not be better than 5.2 : 1 for the CO unless dealer calls. The dealer showed weakness preflop where he called without realising that I had raised and was forced to put in the raise amount. He quickly folded after the CO called.

nsj
09-15-2005, 10:21 AM
I don't think this is as complicated as you make it out to be. You want to double up here.

On the flop, I might try to check-raise all-in with the second nuts, to get the guesswork out.

As you played it, I would just pot (all-in) the turn. If he called 30% of his stack to hit his gutshot, bravo. Nice suckout. If he has 88 or TT, nh, rebuy.

09-15-2005, 10:30 AM
I was hoping for him to call, didn't want to make it too expensive but didn't want to make his play correct.

I am happy with how I played it, however the range of hands that I put him on may not have called an all in bet on the turn. I expected CO to have two overs, hands like JQ that may call with 2 overs and a gutshot. I can understand that during the rebuy period that I shouldn't have been worried that these guys wouldn't call.