PDA

View Full Version : AKo vs two aggros.

deepsquat
09-15-2005, 09:16 AM
This is a hand that a friend played in which we are in disagreement. Im wanting opinions on the flop play.

The reads i have been given is that the table is basically full of Lagtards, in particular SB and BB.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, MP calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (16 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP folds, Hero??

I think hero should fold this as although he may well have 6 good outs (or possibly the best hand) the likelyhood of this flop being 3bet and capped is high.

Easy call getting 10.5-1 if i knew it would not be 3bet or capped. what do u guys think given the read?

deepsquat
09-15-2005, 07:48 PM
anyone got any ideas for this hand? cheers

09-16-2005, 06:12 AM
Yes. I think a fold is ok here, given your read.

Poldi
09-16-2005, 06:49 AM
I think there is no way one of them has a 2 so your hand looks pretty good unless AA, KK, AT or KT are out.
If they wouldnt 3bet/cap light preflop, its a clear fold.
If both of them are maniacs, chances are high you have the best hand and you should raise.

I think calling is wrong in any case, its just asking to be pushed around and you will fold the best hand later too often. If you are going to play, take a stand by reraising. It may shut the others down on the later streets or even fold SB.