PDA

View Full Version : 3 best poker hands

pokerbo
09-15-2005, 06:26 AM
I was wondering if anyone knew how to work out the combined overall % you should win with AA KK QQ the 3 best hands in poker. I know AA is around 80% on its on. But what would be a good gestimate for all 3 hands combined.

Hope this makes sense?

09-15-2005, 06:31 AM
192%

EricW
09-15-2005, 06:31 AM
http://gocee.com/poker/he_ev_hand.html

Also check out the sticky at the top of the main page of the sit n go forum. It might answer any other questions you have.

pokerbo
09-15-2005, 06:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Also check out the sticky at the top of the page. It might answer any other questions you have.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the great link, however I am trying to work out the combined win rate for AA, KK and QQ if I merge the data together. My maths sucks!!!

AA 85.2%
KK 82.4%
QQ 79.9%

lem45216
09-15-2005, 06:58 AM
Hmm, i'm guessing it would be around the 82% mark but like i said, that is a guess, and someone please correct me if i'm wrong but i think thats what you mean isn't it? If you had either AA, KK or QQ you should win about 82% of time. I'm just averaging out the 3 numbers you gave.

I'm also thinking now that it depends on many other factors such as how many hands you're up against and the like, so i doubt my answer really answers the question.

pokerbo
09-15-2005, 07:07 AM
So overall your combined EV playing either AA, KK, QQ should be around 82%?? I thought it would be less than that but thanks for your help.

lem45216
09-15-2005, 07:18 AM
Well like i said, i'm not really sure. I am probably wrong. I have only recently got up and so am not in proper mathmatical mode yet. But i'll stick with 82% at the mo.
82% isn't the EV though i don't think, its how often they win, i'm pretty sure they're different. I feel i'm digging myself into a big hole here of things i know a little bit about, but not nearly enough. I want to get out now.

ReDeYES88
09-15-2005, 08:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Also check out the sticky at the top of the page. It might answer any other questions you have.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the great link, however I am trying to work out the combined win rate for AA, KK and QQ if I merge the data together. My maths sucks!!!

AA 85.2%
KK 82.4%
QQ 79.9%

[/ QUOTE ]

the FAQ is your friend, if you only open your heart

[ QUOTE ]
pokerstove (http://www.pokerstove.com/) is a downloadable utility that allows the user to run range based equity match-ups for hold’em.

[/ QUOTE ]

citanul
09-15-2005, 12:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So overall your combined EV playing either AA, KK, QQ should be around 82%?? I thought it would be less than that but thanks for your help.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would like to help you and to answer your questions, but i'm sort of lost...

the 85/82/79 numbers appear most likely to be the all in preflop against a random hand winning percentage numbers for each of those hands. that's all well and good.

if you want to know their winning percentages against hands that you're likely to actually hve to run them out against, go google pokerstove, download it, and play around with it.

however, the amount that you should expect to win with each of those hands (ev) is totally a different story. amongst other things, 80% is not a value that ev can take. clearly the amount you should expect to win depends on how you play, how your opponents play, how high the blinds are, what structure you are playing, etc.

citanul

pokerlaw
09-15-2005, 12:22 PM
The win %'s against random hands are NOT equal to the % of time you should win when you have AA-QQ. IMO, it is largely dependent on 1) how you play them and 2) how your opponents react to said play.

quick example: I play $10s and $5.50s and very often i'll see someone re-raise to t90 from CO or MP after someone in UTG MRed to t60 on L2 (15/30) and someone else already called. Usually, that person has QQ-AA. And usually 4-5 people see the flop.

I can guarantee that they don't win w/ those big hands as much as I (or any goot 2+2er) do, since I don't slowplay monster PF hands like that. In short, learn to play them correctly instead of wondering whether you should win 85% or 79.989978% of the time when you are lucky enough to get AA-QQ /images/graemlins/smile.gif gl.