PDA

View Full Version : Floping Nut Flush Draw in SB - multiway pot

09-15-2005, 06:26 AM
3/6 Limit - I flop the nut flush draw in the SB with 5 or 6 other players in the pot (unraised). My equity edge is big, but I usually check in fear of an EP raising with top pair and cutting off the action. Is this this correct way to play it for highest EV?

What cicumstances should I be thinking check raise, and does that depend on position of the bettor and the # of players calling?

If it is bet and raised behind me I'm usually just calling. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance.

09-15-2005, 09:03 AM
With just calling you give your hand away easy. Also with likly 3 or more people still in after the raise it is always +EV to reraise. Also you can clean your ace outs by raising instead of just calling which is nice as well.

But it depends highly on where you think the raiser might be. If he is to close to your left i would check, the further away the more you need to bet to trap people in the middle who just call.

Octopus
09-15-2005, 10:25 AM
I am betting this almost every time. The only exception might be if I had some reason to believe an early player might bet, and then I would try a check-raise. Even if I bet, the player on my left raises and everyone else folds, I still am in good shape with my flush draw and an overcard (unless he has a set and even then I am not in horrible shape). Two overcards or a backdoor straight draw and I'll 3-bet it heads up. Any cold callers and I'll 3-bet it.

In any case, in an unraised pot, I wouldn't base my play on the possibility that a particular player might raise me without a strong read to that effect.

EgoSlasher
09-15-2005, 01:08 PM
I would need more informtation on the hand to give a correct analysis, but you would generally want to lead out here. You're usually only going for a C/R in this position if there's a highly aggressive player or preflop raiser in EP or Mp1 with several players yet to act behind him.

09-15-2005, 01:16 PM
If there are aggressive players close to your left you can check, otherwise bet.

paperboyNC
09-15-2005, 01:20 PM
Do whatever results in keeping most people in for a double bet. If you think everyone will check to the player to your right, you should bet and hope he raises.

If you think the player to your left will bet, you should check-raise.

09-15-2005, 01:28 PM
Also if it is best and raised, and the majority of the players in the pot have already called atleast one bet, it is usually correct to three bet.