PDA

View Full Version : 30+3 What do you think of my decision

09-15-2005, 05:33 AM
Table '12584009 1' Seat #4 is the button
Seat 2: gabe2323 (990 in chips)
Seat 4: bashadog (3727 in chips)
Seat 6: <font color="red"> Hero </font> (2427 in chips)
Seat 7: mbeezy02 (3701 in chips)
Seat 8: CRONIC 509! (2655 in chips)
<font color="red"> Hero </font> : posts small blind 75
mbeezy02: posts big blind 150
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to <font color="red"> Hero</font> [K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
CRONIC 509!: folds
gabe2323: folds
bashadog: calls 150
<font color="red"> Hero</font> : calls 75
mbeezy02 said, "ty"
mbeezy02: checks
*** FLOP *** [9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K : /images/graemlins/spade.gif]
<font color="red"> Hero </font> : bets 300
mbeezy02: calls 300
bashadog: folds
*** TURN *** [9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif] [3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif]
<font color="red"> Hero </font> : bets 1977 and is all-in

Alright. When villan called on flop he either has a nine a king or a flush draw. Its unlikely he has a very strong king, k 10/jack at best. If he calls he is crippled. My thinking was that here he folds a flush he folds a nine. I might get him to fold a better king here for all his chips. He is a tight player and were starting to get near the money. Even if he does call with a better king say king ten for example any ace queen Jack or three will split as will the last king in the deck and a five wins it for me. Do you agree with my move here. If not what do you think I should of done?

Sabrazack
09-15-2005, 05:43 AM
Well, first of all i would have a hard time putting him on a flushdraw on a rainbow board. Where i play (PP 22$) his likely holdings after calling you here are a king a nine a three or a gutshot draw. With the King/nine being the most likely. I don't think i have ever managed to push someone off a top pair, and unless the place you play has alot tighter players i really really don't like this move.

09-15-2005, 05:55 AM
Apologies for the flush mistake. There was actually a draw there I mistyped. I understand that Im proabably getting called here by king ten and king jack but if he has king seven or eight and it will be a split (the nine will play) I might win the pot instead of chopping it. He would have a hard time calling me with these hands for his tournament. Also I protect my hand from the draw or nine if thats what he holds. Also like I said if he does have the k 10/jack I have a few cards that will save me.