PDA

View Full Version : SnG Tracker Tricks

ilya
09-15-2005, 04:36 AM
So I finally downloaded SnG Tracker, and I've started playing around with the filters a bit (one alarming discovery I've already made is that I start falling behind my fair share of ITMs at "7th or better" & never look back (forward?)). Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had some clever tips on using filters to learn about one's play. Thanks.

EricW
09-15-2005, 05:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So I finally downloaded SnG Tracker, and I've started playing around with the filters a bit (one alarming discovery I've already made is that I start falling behind my fair share of ITMs at "7th or better" & never look back (forward?)). Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had some clever tips on using filters to learn about one's play. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. How the hell do these "filters" work?

Oh, and ilya, I haven't faced you in a table in a while. But don't worry I've put a bullseye on your forehead /images/graemlins/wink.gif

ilya
09-15-2005, 05:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and ilya, I haven't faced you in a table in a while. But don't worry I've put a bullseye on your forehead /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you rub it off please dude? I've got a hot date tomorrow. We're gonna hit up the shooting range.

Nicholasp27
09-15-2005, 09:23 AM
i just make a filter for each month and then input those monthly stats into a spreadsheet so i can track my progress over time

or if i just wanna look at my stats for 10s or 20s, i'll use a filter

Daliman
09-15-2005, 09:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've got a hot date tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]
Liar.

Get a haircut.

fnord_too
09-15-2005, 09:47 AM
I am seriously thinking about doing the unthinkable and converting my DB to an access DB to use this thing. If you are out there Hood, are you still planning on adding postgreSQL support in the future? (If not, I guess I'll convert once a week and deal with it, or break down and write my own tool).

ferb
09-15-2005, 10:17 AM
what does bubble +- mean. what is considered a good bubble itm.

Bluff Daddy
09-15-2005, 11:09 AM
Its the % you are itm from the bubble + or - 75% since theoretically you should be itm 3/4 of the time so if its +5% then your getting itm 80% of the time from the bubble etc.

Nicholasp27
09-15-2005, 11:37 AM
there isn't really a 'good' bubble+/- number

if you are -20 but get 1st 25% of your sngs, then you are taking more risks and getting out in 4th more, but making good money

if u are +10 but have 3x more 3rds than 1sts, then you may have a -roi

the higher that your number is if u have more 1sts than 3rds, the better...but if it has to dip to allow more 1sts, then that's fine

TheTROLL
09-15-2005, 11:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I am seriously thinking about doing the unthinkable and converting my DB to an access DB to use this thing

[/ QUOTE ]

Would creating an Access database with links ("attached tables") to all the PostgresSQL tables not get around this?

Nicholasp27
09-15-2005, 12:14 PM
yes

you can setup an ODBC connection and then just import all of the postgresSQL tables into Access as linked tables

start->settings->cpanel->administrative tools->data sources(odbc)

fnord_too
09-15-2005, 12:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yes

you can setup an ODBC connection and then just import all of the postgresSQL tables into Access as linked tables

start->settings->cpanel->administrative tools->data sources(odbc)

[/ QUOTE ]

You do this in PT itself? Or in Access? I am pretty much a DB idiot. I can hit them with JDBC and the like, and have doe a few stored procedures in a past life so if forced I can work stuff out, but it does not come very naturally to me.

TheTROLL
09-15-2005, 12:49 PM
In Access. The objective is to create a dummy Access database - it's actually reading the data from the Postgres tables, but looks like a regular Access database to applications connecting to it.

Open Access, new database. Right-click in the blank background of the tables list, and choose Link Tables. From the file dialog, choose type of ODBC at the bottom of the list. That'll bring up the DSN dialog, which it sounds like you're familiar enough with to carry on from there.

Nicholasp27
09-15-2005, 01:04 PM
if he's talking about pokertracker, well it's already in access format

i created a query to tell you your average chip stack by level from pokertracker in sngs...i posted it last month

you can open the pt databases in access yourself and create whatever queries you want...

technically, u could even get around paying them, but u'd have to import in sets of 100 or less hands, so it'd be tedious

fnord_too
09-15-2005, 01:05 PM
Meh, now I guess I have to find a (non just run time) copy of access and install it.

ilya
09-15-2005, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've got a hot date tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]
Liar.

Get a haircut.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh. Yeah I should look into that. Maybe I can get my hot date to give me a haircut...