PDA

View Full Version : 2001FP Problem. What's with the shimmering?

ebaudry
09-15-2005, 02:41 AM
Just got a 2001FP, love it.

But, does anyone else have what i would have to describe as shimmering on theirs? You can't see it from far away, but from about 1ft you can see lots of little white pixels that come up and go away very quickly.

My refresh rate is set at 75hz, my resolution at 1200x1600.
It is connected to my HP Pavilion 8060 laptop which is about 6 inches away.

Thanks for any suggestions.

MyMindIsGoing
09-15-2005, 02:51 AM
Try running it in 60hz.

09-15-2005, 04:10 AM
the shimmering you describe is not the monitor its actually your video card.
Make sure your drivers are upddated.

I use a 2001FP but i do know what your talking about, never experienced it personaly but have seen it on others.

ebaudry
09-16-2005, 04:48 PM
Thanks to both responders for their help. Unfortunately, neither of the suggested remedies fixed the problem.

I downloaded and installed the latest driver for my video card but the shimmering continues.

I also tried running the monitor in 60hz but the shimmering is still there.

Also, interestingly, the new video card driver allows only for 60hz (75hz is no longer displayed)! Obviously this won't do since 75hz is much easier on the eyes.

Please, oh please what is a computer illiterate poker junkie to do?

Thanks,
Eric

Wake up CALL
09-16-2005, 06:10 PM
It sounds like your power supply has become unstable, if so it will need to be replaced. Another choice is to hook up a UPS which will have surge protection and noise reduction. You might just have some other electrical appliance in your home causing interference. Have you moved the position of your monitor lately? Added speakers that are nearby? Added a new piece of electrical equipment on the same circuit or in close proximity to your PC or monitor?

Nomad84
09-22-2005, 12:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, interestingly, the new video card driver allows only for 60hz (75hz is no longer displayed)! Obviously this won't do since 75hz is much easier on the eyes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure if this is true for LCDs. Seems like I remember reading that refresh rate isn't as important for LCDs as it is for CRTs. You may want to search before you bother with changing drivers again.