PDA

View Full Version : More retarded things from the mouth of the Magician - Rocks & Rings 2

Johnnyj580
09-15-2005, 12:56 AM
These quotes are from the latest issue of All-In Magazine. I'd like to say I don't read it, but I went to the website and ordered a subscription (come on, it was the cost of 1 sng)

Antonio’s First Rule of Nightclubbing:
Always book a table in advance. The more you pay, the more it’s worth

DJ AM is spinning the steel wheels. He's flown in from LA specially for this gig and right now he's chilling the crowd with some smooth dub house but later he'll have everyone bouncing to his beat like puppets on a string. Props to the man, when he gets workin', he's Pavlov and we're his dogs.

Antonio’s Second Rule of Nightclubbing:
There's no such thing as a free lunch.

The night ripens. Some petite betties from Canada drift over, shyly orbiting our booth, looking for a way to break the ice. Silly betties, just being them is all the icebreaking they need. But we know what they're thinking – have they seen us on TV or what? To help them out, I give them my trademark "Antonio wave," and they break out into squeals of laughter. "I knew it!" shrieks one. "I knew it was him!" Do we invite them to join us for a drink? Does a bear [censored] in the woods?

I'm sooo not on point for still calling girls babies and pluckworthy honeys.

John

dblgutshot
09-15-2005, 01:07 AM
Yeah it sucks he has money to blow and girls all over him. I mean...what a loser right?

Kyo Souma II
09-15-2005, 01:08 AM
this is about 3 months old.

i thought it was ghostwritten by jon vorhaus.

-kyo

09-15-2005, 01:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The more you pay, the more it’s worth

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm thinking maybe I should get into the night club business.

[ QUOTE ]
I give them my trademark "Antonio wave," and they break out into squeals of laughter.

[/ QUOTE ]

He forgot to mention the part about the girls giving him their trademark middle finger.

Swax
09-15-2005, 01:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah it sucks he has money to blow and girls all over him. I mean...what a loser right?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, what are you, 12? I think the point is that if this is true, he is an arrogant, self-absorbed, vapid prick. you can have "money to blow and girls all over you" and yet still have other elements to your personality. 90% of poker players have money to blow and probably don't have much trouble meeting ladies and aren't complete one-dimensional, condescending, materialistic douche bags. Hell, even my homie Hellmuth gets his zen on from time to time! I love when people act as if rich and/or famous people are beyond obvious criticism.

on a side note, I have prided myself on my attempts to try and respect women all of my life. Hearing things like women falling for the "trademark Antonio wave" is making it hard to continue to do so. in fact, the fact that said "wave" is trademarkable is making it tough to respect humanity as a whole...

miami32
09-15-2005, 02:02 AM
He really is a tool. A bit tool. I bet he is a hammer.

IronDragon1
09-15-2005, 02:09 AM
I believe this comes-verbatim-from his insufferable webpage so it's not new to me but that doesn't mean it's still not inane/asinine/stupid as hell.

Because it totally is

SoftcoreRevolt
09-15-2005, 02:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah it sucks he has money to blow and boys all over him. I mean...what a loser right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed.

Aceshigh7
09-15-2005, 06:59 AM
This isn't new material. That's from an older issue.

What's more lame? What Antonio wrote or the people that go back and dredge up the exact same thing and try to be cool by making fun of him every 3-4 months? I think there's 7-8 threads like this already. What's your point?

mackthefork
09-15-2005, 09:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What's your point?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's that he's a complete arse, and shooting him would be to waste a bullet, but in a good way.

Mack

evil_twin
09-15-2005, 10:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What's more lame? What Antonio wrote or the people that go back and dredge up the exact same thing and try to be cool by making fun of him every 3-4 months?

[/ QUOTE ]

What Antonio wrote.

drewjustdrew
09-15-2005, 12:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What's more lame? What Antonio wrote or the people that go back and dredge up the exact same thing and try to be cool by making fun of him every 3-4 months?

[/ QUOTE ]

What Antonio wrote.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aceshigh7 for not giving the new guy a break.

muckdumper
09-15-2005, 10:08 PM
i have seen his actions on t.v. and he does'nt talk the exact way i read on his written colum?then quitting after 1/4 way tru it!!now i wonder did his one time roommate unabomber talks like that also or got fed up with tha fool and left his hip crib lookin for a new thread?????

Dominic
09-15-2005, 10:18 PM
I know Antonio - even interviewed him and asked him about the whole "Rocks & Rings" thing. He said it was mostly a goof to begin with - and that he does NOT write that stuff on his website. It is still up there, though, isn't it? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Seriously, the guy is young and hugely successful. Cut him some slack if he likes to party. He's a very friendly and helpful guy.

Rushmore
09-16-2005, 08:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
on a side note, I have prided myself on my attempts to try and respect women all of my life. Hearing things like women falling for the "trademark Antonio wave" is making it hard to continue to do so. in fact, the fact that said "wave" is trademarkable is making it tough to respect humanity as a whole...

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to the Two Plus Two Misanthrope Society. The reason you have never heard of this society before is that we don't care if anyone else ever joins again, and we certainly do not have the stomach to recruit.

But you, you're in.