PDA

View Full Version : AK hand, call on the river?

1C5
09-15-2005, 12:53 AM
Party 22. Call this river bet or fold?

Seat 1: beer99 (1050)
Seat 2: Hero (1850)
Seat 3: Mr3Outter (885)
Seat 4: Triphish (820)
Seat 5: jfg999 (925)
Seat 8: QUIT_IT (720)
Seat 9: Ferodin1 (705)
Seat 10: scramdude (1045)
Mr3Outter posts small blind (25)
Triphish posts big blind (50)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ Kd, Ah ]

jfg999 folds.

QUIT_IT folds.
Ferodin1 folds.
scramdude folds.
beer99 folds.

Hero raises (150) to 150

Mr3Outter folds.

Triphish calls (100)
** Dealing Flop ** : [ 3s, 8d, Kh ]

Triphish checks.

Hero checks.
** Dealing Turn ** : [ 8s ]

Triphish checks.

Hero bets (150)

Triphish calls (150)
** Dealing River ** : [ 6s ]

Triphish bets (225)

Hero does what?

Ogre
09-15-2005, 12:57 AM
me=ScudMsl47??????

09-15-2005, 12:58 AM
um....no flop bet, why?

1C5
09-15-2005, 01:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
um....no flop bet, why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Raised from button, wanted to make it look like a steal attemp that I gave up on the induce bluff.

1C5
09-15-2005, 01:02 AM
Yeah, changed it to hero so it may make sense now.

09-15-2005, 01:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
um....no flop bet, why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Raised from button, wanted to make it look like a steal attemp that I gave up on the induce bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see. I guess it's about as safe a board as you could ask for.

deathpotato
09-15-2005, 01:11 AM
Hey mr. Scud, I don't think you changed all your actions to "me"...

I usually bet the flop. What would you have done on a 38J flop? If you intend to make continuation bets, you're going to have to bet when you hit your hand too, or you will be very predictable to anyone with any brains. In this case the pot is getting quite large compared to villain's stack, you may be able to get him to bluff off a lot of chips on the turn, and he may very well not even be able to improve enough to beat you on the turn. At any rate he is drawing slim, barring the unlikely 88 and 33. Betting the turn after checking through the flop may seem like an attempt to pick up the pot, and is much more likely to induce a bluff than betting the flop. I can't see why you would possibly want to fold the river.

Anyway, I often just bet the flop in this situation, but I don't think waiting for the turn is a bad decision at all if you think villain is liable to make a move.

Edit - what range do you put villain on here that you think is beating you anywhere near enough to fold the river?

Edit 2 - VV am I missing something? Hero's turn bet looks weak and I think villain could easily have air on the river, not to mention a PP. You think he has an 8, or flush, or what?

lastchance
09-15-2005, 01:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
um....no flop bet, why?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't like trying to do that in position after raising on the button. A CB here is a very standard steal play, and I think this is a good spot to see if you can't get paid trying to act like this is a steal.

Though your line seems fine. As for the river, it's a fold I have trouble making, and I need to make it more often. I think this is a good spot to do it.

45suited
09-15-2005, 01:14 AM
Okay, so you might be beat on the river. Certainly not often enough to justify folding here with the odds that you're getting. Actually it seems like a pretty routine call to me.

09-15-2005, 01:19 AM
I think I call the river but it depends on my read of the villain (if he has tried to steal pots or represent hands already).

I don't think he has an 8. I think he either hit a back-door flush by getting a free 4-flush and then odds to call the turn; doesn't think you have anything (because of your slow-play) and is trying to steal on a bluff; or could be value betting a worse hand than kings (i.e. PP) that he thinks is good.

With all these possibilities and almost 3:1 pot odds, call.

09-15-2005, 01:25 AM
Very simple, just call.

Although I bet the flop here and am not sure I see your logic in not betting it unless you think the villian is aggressive and will steal attempt on the turn. It just takes a few times losing while slow playing top pair for you to take down pots when they are yours however...something I learned a long time ago.

Freudian
09-15-2005, 01:34 AM
Call. If he has a flush or an 8, so be it.