PDA

View Full Version : AA4 hand

Burdzthewurd
09-15-2005, 12:39 AM
2/4 6-max LO8

UTG makes many weak calls, but has the nuts or close to it when leading out

Button is a donkey

UTG limps, I raise AA24ss, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG thinks awhile and calls

Flop comes 862 two diamonds, I have Ad (not that that makes a huge difference, maybe)

SB checks, BB checks, UTG bets, I raise (horrible to get this HU?), Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls

Turn K

UTG leads again? I call

River J

UTG bets, I call

Buzz
09-15-2005, 12:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
UTG makes many weak calls, but has the nuts or close to it when leading out

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Flop....UTG bets

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Turn....UTG leads again

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
River...UTG bets

[/ QUOTE ]

Burdz - The above speaks for itself.

Buzz

Burdzthewurd
09-15-2005, 01:01 AM
I can't just assume he has A388 or has me killed both ways, is this really an automatic fold on the flop? That seems quite tight and bad if he just has A3xx. What street am I folding this?

Buzz
09-15-2005, 10:23 PM
Burdz - At the point at which you UTG bets the flop, perhaps you should figure UTG for half of the pot, probably the low half. Then if you could look ahead, you should foresee that UTG will be betting on the third and fourth betting rounds.

Your response to UTG's bet is to raise, and all your other opponents fold to the double bet. I don't know if that's what you wanted or not. But if you could see the possibility of that, then the point at which UTG bets the flop on the second betting round is your moment of decision. If you raise, and then call the inevitable bets on the third and fourth betting rounds, you'll be putting six more small bets in the pot to possibly win half of it. All told, there will come to be a total of 22 small bets in the pot, and if you win half of it, you'll be getting eleven chips, of which six will be your own contribution from the point at which UTG bets the flop.

Do you want to bet six chips to possibly win five if your aces hold up or improve?

You have to decide that for yourself.

Just my opinion.

Buzz