PDA

View Full Version : Anything I can do here?

Daliman
09-15-2005, 12:32 AM
I seriously considered folding preflop here, but called for set value, then on the flop, I figured better chance he has AA than KK, but KK decent possibility.

***** Hand History for Game 2713505168 *****
$2000 NL Texas Hold'em - Thursday, September 15, 00:25:15 EDT 2005
Table Table 55478 (No DP) (Real Money)
Seat 1 is the button
Total number of players : 5
Seat 1: MsRogerClyne ( $2088 )
Seat 2: MrFishhh ( $3405 )
Seat 10: Jackal86 ( $1912 )
Seat 8: ThanhKhiet ( $2000 )
Seat 3: ihav6nutz ( $2000 )
MrFishhh posts small blind [$10].
ihav6nutz posts big blind [$20].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to MsRogerClyne [ Jc Jh ]
>You have options at Table 55094 (No DP) Table!.
Jackal86 raises [$45].
MsRogerClyne raises [$125].
MrFishhh folds.
ihav6nutz folds.
Jackal86 raises [$280].
MsRogerClyne calls [$200].
** Dealing Flop ** [ 7s, Kh, Js ]
Jackal86 bets [$250].
MsRogerClyne raises [$500].
Jackal86 is all-In [$1337]
MsRogerClyne calls [$1087].
** Dealing Turn ** [ 8d ]
** Dealing River ** [ 4d ]
MsRogerClyne shows [ Jc, Jh ] three of a kind, jacks.
Jackal86 shows [ Kd, Kc ] three of a kind, kings.
Jackal86 wins $3852 from the main pot with three of a kind, kings.

hit_the_set
09-15-2005, 12:36 AM
how about folding to the preflop reraise?

Lucky
09-15-2005, 12:44 AM
I call preflop, then get broke.

Daliman
09-15-2005, 01:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
how about folding to the preflop reraise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Given your name, this seems odd advice, but is that really standard here? Is calling to flop a set a bad idea, and can I get away from this hand when I do?

hit_the_set
09-15-2005, 01:29 AM
/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

There is no getting away from the hand on the flop. I will go broke on set on set. I cannot fold them. Preflop is where I would probably fold after the reraise.

neon
09-15-2005, 05:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anything I can do here?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I go broke here every single time, especially since it's only five-handed, where I'm folding to the preflop reraise like, never. As for postflop, there's no way you can get away from that flop, imo, particularly since you and villain both only have 100 BB stacks, but even if you were deeper, he could still easily have AK or AA . . .

captZEEbo1
09-15-2005, 09:54 AM
check fold flop, his actions indicated KK or AA. If he has AA he will draw out

thatpfunk
09-15-2005, 10:01 AM
How can you have been around for so long and still make a retarded bad beat/poor me post.

Aside from the hand itself, if you were honestly interested you would have given a villian, table, image, etc description. No one except for you, at the table, in context, could know if you could get away from this.

TheWorstPlayer
09-15-2005, 10:12 AM
Why are you re-raising an UTG raise with JJ? I think in general, it's better to flat call preflop and then get broke on this flop. Definitely better than re-raising every time and not even getting to see a flop against KK.

-Skeme-
09-15-2005, 10:18 AM
Villain doesn't seem too worried that you might have the set of Kings here.

Daliman
09-15-2005, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How can you have been around for so long and still make a retarded bad beat/poor me post.

Aside from the hand itself, if you were honestly interested you would have given a villian, table, image, etc description. No one except for you, at the table, in context, could know if you could get away from this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I don't look at it as a bad beat post, I was just wondering if it's realistic to even think of folding the flop, and whether the preflop call for set value only is a bad idea or what. I didn't realize I needed to give a full table history of all players involved for you. Either way, it doesn't matter all that much, I knew the kind of hand I was very likely up against.

Try not to be so grouchy.

Daliman
09-15-2005, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Villain doesn't seem too worried that you might have the set of Kings here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, interesting insight. Have you ever been able to get off a hand like this on the flop, because that is a pretty telling thing actually. AA you would think would bet pot or near, same with AK. I actually miniraised him on the flop to see what he would do, then just decided I don't think I'm good enough to fold 2nd set confidently here, kinda like a "Should I fold KK preflop" kinda thought process; long run, if you never fold either, it won't make much difference, and most can't fold either properly anyways.

TY for the good reply.

Daliman
09-15-2005, 05:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why are you re-raising an UTG raise with JJ? I think in general, it's better to flat call preflop and then get broke on this flop. Definitely better than re-raising every time and not even getting to see a flop against KK.

[/ QUOTE ]
You give UTG 5 handed the same credence as ring? I certainly don't.

fsuplayer
09-15-2005, 06:18 PM
raise more pf. 210 is a good # here.

obviously you are going broke here, even if he doesnt 3bet pf.

Daliman
09-15-2005, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Easier to fold to RR if I go to 210 is the thought process? I figured my standard rules raise would have been to 190, guess I just felt like raising a bit less as a changeup.

fsuplayer
09-15-2005, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Easier to fold to RR if I go to 210 is the thought process?

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, i was thinking more: I have a monster 5 handed, they will call a reraise after they open, with a ton of hands, many dominated, and they are more tied to the pot with their weak hands on the flop if the pot is bigger.

yeah, it can backfire if they trap you, but i find i win a big pot 5 handed with JJ much more than i lose one.

and yeah, if he repops to 500, easy toss against most players.

adanthar
09-15-2005, 06:56 PM
How much does he know about your game?

I don't know if this line has a lot of merit, but if you know him and he knows you and he knows you know he has exactly two hands...I call the flop.

Daliman
09-15-2005, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How much does he know about your game?

I don't know if this line has a lot of merit, but if you know him and he knows you and he knows you know he has exactly two hands...I call the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not well enough. He wasn;t doing alot of PF raising, which kinda told me exactly where i was, but then I went with the old "his chances of having KK here on this flop are diminished" routine, etc, etc.

09-15-2005, 09:59 PM
Maybe you don't get enough odds to make the preflop call. Villain has 1900 and it cost u 200 to call.
you hit tripps one time in 8.5 so u need at least to be gauranteed 8.5*200= 1700 to make the preflop call correct.
Meaning you have to be sure villain pays you off almost everytime. Does he? Certainly not if an ace hits the flop when u hit your set (if villain holds kings). This combined with with the risk that villain hit tripps tips the scale towards folding preflop?

This assumes that hero is certain villain has kings or aces.

Daliman
09-15-2005, 10:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe you don't get enough odds to make the preflop call. Villain has 1900 and it cost u 200 to call.
you hit tripps one time in 8.5 so u need at least to be gauranteed 8.5*200= 1700 to make the preflop call correct.
Meaning you have to be sure villain pays you off almost everytime. Does he? Certainly not if an ace hits the flop when u hit your set (if villain holds kings). This combined with with the risk that villain hit tripps tips the scale towards folding preflop?

This assumes that hero is certain villain has kings or aces.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, it was close and I knew it. Yet another good reason towards a preflop fold.