PDA

View Full Version : SO ummm.............what do you think?

Tyler Durden
05-02-2003, 10:35 PM
3-6 game.

I'm in the SB w/ A9o. UTG+1 limps in, folded around to me. My thinking is, I probably have a better hand than the limper, and I'd like to play my hand heads up. So, I raise to get the BB out. It works. The flop is seen heads-up.

What do you think of this?

travisand
05-02-2003, 10:39 PM
I like it. It also helps your chances of taking it down with a bet on the flop. You might also get a free card if you check because when the preflop raiser checks it looks awfully suspicious.

Homer
05-02-2003, 10:45 PM
I have no problem with it. I pull this kind of move a lot myself, but only against loose players (against a tight player limping UTG I wouldn't do it) who are willing to fold when the flop misses them.

-- Homer

lil'
05-02-2003, 11:56 PM
Sounds good to me, especially if you know the BB doesn't defend his blind evrey time.

Bob T.
05-03-2003, 12:06 PM
That is what I would probably do.

Mike Gallo
05-03-2003, 03:09 PM
I think I might have folded. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

However, with that being said, if the limper will limp with suited connectors or unsuited paint, then a raise is in order to isolate. If he limps because he plays weak tight, you have a problem. he could limp with AQ or AK. Especially if he thinks someone will exploit his postion. In this spot against this opponent I like the play.

Michael