PDA

View Full Version : I have to go broke here right?

09-15-2005, 12:04 AM
Pacific $11. Sorry for the format, 1st post.

4-handed at 50/100. Stacks are $715, Button $2375, SB $2955, and me on the BB with $1805, after posting.

Folded to the SB who limps in. I check with As6d. Flop comes 334 with 2 spades. SB checks and I check behind. Turn is Js. Again the SB checks and I take the free card. River is Ts. I got the Ace-high flush.

SB checks the river. With a $200 pot I bet $150. The SB raises to $500. I push making it $1305 from him to call, which he of course does, with 43c.

There's no way I can't come over the top on the end here with the Ace-high flush in a Pacific $11 is there, if he has the boat then good for him right? And what should I be thinking about when I get check-raised on the river with that kind of board and action? It always screams bluff to me.

Freudian
09-15-2005, 12:05 AM
I've yet to read a thread with that title where the answer is no.

pergesu
09-15-2005, 12:08 AM
You registered to post a bad beat?

Too bad our mod is a mod, thus has mod duties, and can't really tell you to go hang yourself.

bluefeet
09-15-2005, 12:09 AM
Welcome Mr.CPA, nice to have you aboard.

Yes - you have to go broke here. Very very tough break.

To take away something other than "yeah, bad beat"...this is a hand you could consider pushing PF over his complete, IF the blinds were a touch higher. 75/150, 100/200...push over the chronic complete'rs on occasions with hands like this. Here, raising PF might be an option...but not one I'm taking too often. Giving a bigger-stack an opportunity to come back over top of your raise - putting YOU to the test is not so fun.

09-15-2005, 12:10 AM
Sucks. Raise preflop here. Teach the SB not to limp there, and you've got A-high anyway.

citanul
09-15-2005, 12:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Too bad our mod is a mod, thus has mod duties, and can't really tell you to go hang yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed.

citanul

Ogre
09-15-2005, 12:32 AM
no i fold A high flushes all the time HU

lorinda
09-15-2005, 01:52 AM
If I'm reading this correctly, I can't see what hands you can really put him on where he's going to call your push and be behind.

He's check raised this river with one of two things.

A) Absolutely nothing.
B) A great big monster.

I'm not entirely sure that your final raise is justified considering only the bare Ks is going to call your push.

It is however harder to reply when the title of the post is "I have to go bust here...." as I know you lost the pot, but I still dont think I push the last chips in. The pot is quite nice as it is.

Lori

durron597
09-15-2005, 01:54 AM
You don't have the nuts, and your hand is obvious when you push. You don't get worse hands to call you ever and all better hands call. So don't reraise.

09-15-2005, 02:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

He's check raised this river with one of two things.

A) Absolutely nothing.
B) A great big monster.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. I just call, especially with a short stack still around.