PDA

View Full Version : Pre-flop velveeta or brie

CrackerZack
05-02-2003, 09:29 PM
Here's a hand I played a little bit back at "The wonder of it all". 5-10 w/kill, to my immediate left a new player just sat down 10 minutes ago and has told me how he loves to gamble and has shown it with his play. He's been a bit sane with raises and such but never saw a draw he didn't like.

Here's the hand... I'm UTG posting the kill blind with a monster Q /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 2 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif I check the option, IL (the guy from description above) raises to 20, MP, CO +1, CO, and button call, SB fold, BB calls... what's my move? Getting 13-1 and closing the action I call. Good call? Loose? I'm out of position but closing this action.

Flop, A 2 2 rainbow, (not ace of diamonds)

BB checks, I bet out, PFR raises, folded to CO who calls cold, button, BB fold. My move? I 3-bet but in retrospect think I should call and raise the turn. both call.

Turn K
I bet, both call,

River 10, I bet both call.

my hand is good. With the raiser to my immediate right I feel like calling flop, raising the turn is better since I should be able to trap the guy in the middle for 2. But I'm really wondering about the pre-flop call. The odds to flop the flush-draw/flush are there although it isn't the nuts and the hand has little other value. I didn't consider the fact that I could flop somehting like I did and no one would put me on it but in retrospect should've. So I'm most interested in the thoughts on the pre-flop call.

Homer
05-02-2003, 09:33 PM
The preflop call is fine.

I agree with checkraising the turn because you'd like to build a pot and with the preflop raiser directly on your left, you will be able to do so by trapping the other players in the middle.

-- Homer

AceHigh
05-03-2003, 01:03 PM
I usually like to take the lead on the flop and keep it with these kind of hands. But I think you are right, on this hand you probably make more money with a turn check/raise.

If you think you can play the hand well, I think the preflop call is fine. If you struggle with "junk" hands then you probably should fold. It's also a fold if the hand isn't suited.

Bob T.
05-03-2003, 01:53 PM
I would call the bet preflop, as long as there was at least one other caller in. When it is going to be 7 handed, then it is an easy call.

I like your flop bet, and I think that with the raise coming from your left, you are right, that checkraising the turn would probably be the best play.