PDA

View Full Version : Cell phone goes off in class

WackityWhiz
09-14-2005, 11:46 PM
So this chicks cell phone goes off in class. It's on vibrate but it's in her cell phone clip so it's rattling really really loud. She just freezes and stares at the teacher while he's lecturing. This sucker rings like 7-8 times and after it quits ringing, she reaches around to her side and checks to see who it was.

omg I wanted to punch her in the face...

TheIrishThug
09-14-2005, 11:47 PM
... and u didn't because?

BradleyT
09-14-2005, 11:48 PM
I hope you go to school in Iowa City and not Des Moines.

asofel
09-14-2005, 11:50 PM
next time tell her that hitting the volume button or even "end" will often stop the buzzing. then in the most solemn voice you can muster say "and knowing is half the battle", and just kind of nod....

TheBlueMonster
09-14-2005, 11:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
next time tell her that hitting the volume button or even "end" will often stop the buzzing. then in the most solemn voice you can muster say "and knowing is half the battle", and just kind of nod....

[/ QUOTE ]
....and then smack her in the face.

HopeydaFish
09-15-2005, 12:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So this chicks cell phone goes off in class. It's on vibrate but it's in her cell phone clip so it's rattling really really loud. She just freezes and stares at the teacher while he's lecturing. This sucker rings like 7-8 times and after it quits ringing, she reaches around to her side and checks to see who it was.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was at a training session a few weeks ago and a guy in my class had his cell phone ring while the instructor was lecturing.

1) The phone was not on vibrate.
2) The phone's volume was set at maximum.
3) The guy had to dig through his knapsack for it, allowing it to ring an additional 3 or 4 times.
4) The guy actually *answers* the phone.
5) The guy doesn't leave the class, but instead remains seated.
6) He then proceeds to argue loudly in Filipino with someone for a good 5-10 minutes. So loudly that it was impossible to hear the instructor.

Finally the coversation ends and he hangs up, but...

7) He then proceeds to call someone else and talk in Filipino for another few minutes.

It was surreal.

Sightless
09-15-2005, 12:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was at a training session a few weeks ago and a guy in my class had his cell phone ring while the instructor was lecturing.

3) The guy had to dig through his knapsack for it, allowing it to ring an additional 3 or 4 times.
6) He then proceeds to argue loudly in Filipino with someone for a good 5-10 minutes. So loudly that it was impossible to hear the instructor.

7) He then proceeds to call someone else and talk in Filipino for another few minutes.

It was surreal.

[/ QUOTE ]

why didnt anyone politly ask him to stfu??

09-15-2005, 12:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was surreal.

[/ QUOTE ]

SIIHP

theben
09-15-2005, 12:13 AM
bltches areoften stupid, what can you do

tonypaladino
09-15-2005, 12:18 AM
One of the top 5 funniest moments in my college career:

In a math class being taught by a Hasidic Jewish professor.
This is during a test, and prof has said that a cell phone going off will result in a 20 point penalty on the exam.

My friend Lori forgot to turn off her phone, and unbeknownst to her at the time, one of her cousins had set the ring tone to "Hava Negila" (sp?)

So the traditional jewish medely goes off, and Lori does't know it is her, as it is not her normal ring tone. The professor starts fuming, and asking if this was someone's idea of a joke. I was sitting right behind her, and when i realized the sound was coming from my friend's bag, I burst out laughing.

The prof storms over to me, and demands to see my phone. I produced the powered down phone from my pocket, and the prof hands me back my phone in disgust, and walks back to the front of the room , by the time he gets back to the front, the ringing stopped

HopeydaFish
09-16-2005, 12:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was surreal.

[/ QUOTE ]

why didnt anyone politly ask him to stfu??

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, he was my supervisor and the supervisor of one other guy in the class, so the two of us weren't about to give him flak. The other 3 people taking the course didn't say anything, for whatever reason. I was most surprised that the instructor didn't say anything...but I guess since we were paying him big $$$ for the specialized course, he didn't want to rock the boat.

lighterjobs
09-16-2005, 12:20 AM
don't worry, it was probably just her vibrator.

Crveballin
09-16-2005, 12:41 AM
I had a big lecture hall class with 300 students in attendance. Once of my friends was walking in about 15 minutes late during mid lecture. So to make things worse, as he is walking up, I call him from my seat. As expected, his phone goes off at full max, stopping the lecture and having the entire class turn and stare at him. Boy was he pissed.

handsome
09-16-2005, 01:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I had a big lecture hall class with 300 students in attendance. Once of my friends was walking in about 15 minutes late during mid lecture. So to make things worse, as he is walking up, I call him from my seat. As expected, his phone goes off at full max, stopping the lecture and having the entire class turn and stare at him. Boy was he pissed.

[/ QUOTE ]

This made me lol. This entire thread is funny cuz it's true. I hate cell phone jerks.

DasLeben
09-16-2005, 05:04 AM
One of my buds had a terrible habit of forgetting to put his cell phone on vibrate when he went to class. Also, his ringer just happened to be "Banana Phone." So, me and another bud used to call him right in the middle of the class. He'd have to scramble around for his phone, interrupting the whole class, with "ring ring ring ring Banana Phone! *doo doo doodoodoo*" going the whole time. Good times.

MrFeelNothin
09-16-2005, 05:49 AM
My cell went off today cuz I am a space cadet. The professor was ready though...he immediately spun on me with a stern look on his face and deadpanned........"I'm going to kill you."

My heart skipped a beat before everyone erupted laughing.

FouTight
09-16-2005, 07:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
One of the top 5 funniest moments in my college career:

[/ QUOTE ]

So sorry to hear that.