PDA

View Full Version : And this, my friends, is why I hate overcards.

Tyler Durden
05-02-2003, 08:34 PM
I'm back to playing online after a two-month hiatus. Tyler Durden is back!!!

I think I effed this one up. Just gettin' back in the swing of things!

P.S. I hate Party/Empire's new hand histories.

I'm dealt QQ on the button. This is a 3-6 game. EP limps, MP limps, LP limps, I raise, SB calls, BB folds. 5 to the flop for two bets each.

Flop comes A /forums/images/icons/club.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif. I do a little wince b/c of the Ace. It's like kryptonite to me. I don't have the Q /forums/images/icons/club.gif.
It's checked to me, I bet, and only one player folds. That can't be good right? I'm thinking there's a chance I'm drawing to two outs.

Turn is 9 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif.
Checked to me again, I bet, I lose one more player but the other two call.

River is K /forums/images/icons/heart.gif.

Checked to me. Action??

Homer
05-02-2003, 08:42 PM
Check.

Tyler Durden
05-02-2003, 10:31 PM
Okay, but why? because one of them is likely to have an ace?

Homer
05-02-2003, 10:42 PM
With three other players I think there is a good enough chance that another player has a weak ace, or backed into a king or flush, that you should check it through. Heads-up I'd probably bet it, against two opponents it's close, but against three I'd definitely check it. We'll have to wait and see what others think because there could be differing opinions.

-- Homer

Jeffage
05-03-2003, 12:16 AM
I would probably check the turn after all those people called the flop...you are beat by an ace or better in at least one (and prob more) spots. Also, the Qc fills a flush so you may be drawing to one out. I'm checking the turn and probably folding to a river bet unless I have a good line on the bettor (definitely folding to a bet and call). I think the turn bet is a waste.

Jeff

elysium
05-03-2003, 02:37 AM
hi tyler
check it down.

elysium
05-03-2003, 02:41 AM
hi again tyler
why? well, your likely up against an A or K now. if the second over hadn't hit, you could bet if checked to.

Bob T.
05-03-2003, 04:22 AM
Because noone is going to lay down an ace or a king if they got this far, and the ace and the king will just about gaurantee that anyone that you beat won't call.

Tyler Durden
05-03-2003, 12:24 PM
I checked behind on the river. One guy showed JTc and the other guy had a five for flopped bottom pair. I took the pot.

Oh well.

Homer
05-03-2003, 01:09 PM
Looks like you weren't going to make any more money on this hand by betting. As Bob said, the King makes it more likely that worse hands won't call. Also, it makes it more likely that someone has a better hand.

-- Homer