PDA

View Full Version : OT: has anyone seen an e-mail like this from empire?

rybones
09-14-2005, 11:19 PM
This is where I post so I wanted to share it here. I received this warning with a hand history from empire:

"Hello rybones,

These hand histories are provided to you solely for your personal use and as an aid for your training and development. You are not permitted to share them with anyone. We reserve the right to cease providing them or apply further restrictions at any time."

I sent an e-mail back with the following content:

"I am wondering if this was a general warning you send out randomly to everyone or anyone or if you feel I have violated some specific rule? I use the hand histories by replaying them to Analyze my game. On very rare occasions I have posted a question about a specific hand (never and entire tournament history) on a poker forum. Is this not allowed? if so I cannot beleive you would want to eliminate all the players from twoplustwo? I would greatly appreciate a responce to my questions as quickly as possible. Thank you in advance for your attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

P. Ryan Klatt"

Shilly
09-14-2005, 11:26 PM
I think they put that in all of the emails now.

EricW
09-15-2005, 12:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]

"I am wondering if this was a general warning you send out randomly to everyone or anyone or if you feel I have violated some specific rule? I use the hand histories by replaying them to Analyze my game. On very rare occasions I have posted a question about a specific hand (never and entire tournament history) on a poker forum. Is this not allowed? if so I cannot beleive you would want to eliminate all the players from twoplustwo? I would greatly appreciate a responce to my questions as quickly as possible. Thank you in advance for your attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

P. Ryan Klatt"

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL dude, I would hate to see you in an interrogation. Why would you voluntarily divulge extra info? Was naming 2+2 really necessary (not that it's a big deal). But there really was no reason for you to tell them about personal info AND naming an entire board for no reason.

KramerTM
09-15-2005, 12:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Sincerely,

P. Ryan Klatt"

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL dude, I would hate to see you in an interrogation. Why would you voluntarily divulge extra info? Was naming 2+2 really necessary (not that it's a big deal). But there really was no reason for you to tell them about personal info AND naming an entire board for no reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMFAO /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Newt_Buggs
09-15-2005, 03:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think they put that in all of the emails now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Xhad
09-15-2005, 03:39 AM
Yep, I'm getting that warning in all my Party HH's now.