PDA

View Full Version : Babe's Best Boys

PokerBabe(aka)
05-02-2003, 08:21 PM
It's early May and time for the Babe's second annual "Best Boy" list. As is the tradition, Boys are categorized by hair colors.

Blondes:

1). Clarkmeister - Once again, Clark makes the list. Still has the softest skin and bluest eyes of all the boys. Always LG, whether he's wearing the "I" cap and jeans or the "Bahama Dave" rags. What's really amazing is that he is one of the few people that can wear orange and make it work. "Dominates" the Babe with K,J.

2). Chris- Softspoken, cute and smooth at all times. LGPG, overall, but was seen with "broken sunglasses", so may be on LG probation for awhile.

Brunettes:

1). Tommy Angelo - For never, ever taking me to Taco Bell and for just being Tommy. Babe really likes this boy, but I must not let him play golf from the red tees this year.

2). Jason Brown - For "making good" on his promise (even if late) and for introducing me to "The Shadow". For knowing the difference between "Gucci" and "Goodwill" and for wearing a suit to dinner. Super nice, super classy and super handsome....This boy's got it all.

3). Hosh- Always sweet to the Babe and fun to be around. He can't spell or use punctuation, but no boy is perfect.

4). Abe - For the cute Valentine chip and the nice note (which is still in the Mirage poker room somewhere). Also, for following Snakehead's advice.

5). Les (aka hbk). Babe's English boy has a cool cockney accent (or is that cocky accent?). Unique and smooth hairdo is a definite LG feature.

6). Mason - For the nice mealtime chats and for posting a few losing hands this year (now we know that only David is perfect). Also, for giving his time in the seminars and for all the work that he puts into this website and the poker literature.

7). Michael D. - Most responsible, considerate and polite poster I know. Gives excellent follow-up. He's insightful and good at self-monitoring, and these traits help to make him a pretty good poker player.

8). John Gaspar - Becoming a good pal and a well respected (visiting) Mirage 20-40 hold'em player. Missed playing golf with him this year. Funny, but he always stands behind the Babe when she's lining up her shot. Guess he likes my "swing"?

9). Rocky - Although he's just another cute boy, he stands out in a crowd because of the floral shirts he sometimes wears. (Note that these are not designed by Tommy Bahama or Nicole Miller, however).

Honorable Mention: Dynasty. So smart that I can (almost) overlook his wardrobe. To know him is to love him.

Other Hair (grey, none, etc.):

1). Barry Tanenbaum - For the inspirational and important phrase: "Variance is your Friend". Also, for encouraging me to "lose the maximum" with those "big hands", and for being the BEST coach a Babe could ever have. Golf game is improving nicely as well.

2). J.P. - For being a pal through "thick and thin". He is a bit stubborn about food, however. Can you imagine eating pasta with peas in red sauce? I've told him a million times that peas go in white sauce only!! I can't beat him at golf anymore, so we usually just argue about food and poker.

3). Poker 1236 -(aka PD)- For total acceptance and unconditional love. We are pals for life.

4). Vince Lepore - Although he is the most argumentative person I've ever met, he does make the Babe laugh. Here is the "Vince quote of the year" : I was leaving Bellagio one day and noticed that Vince was stuck. I said, "Vince, if you had my discipline you would be a millionaire". Vince promptly replied, "Babe, if I had your body I would be a millionaire". The best thing about Vince is not his sense of humor, however...it's the kindness he shows to his family.

5). Alan Schoonmaker - For asking my opinion, listening carefully and for being a very, very nice man.

6). Bob Morgan - Bob makes the list because his choice in clothing is unique and often coordinated with the chip colors he's playing. Also, he has a cool note-taking system which he shared with the Babe.

There is still a whole year to make the '04 list guys, so if you want to be a "Babe's Best Boy" you must either LG or PG or LGPG /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

Homer
05-02-2003, 09:26 PM
It really cracks me up that everybody gets a number except Dyno. All he gets is honorable mention? Come on Babe, can't you just make him 10)?!

-- Homer

Inthacup
05-03-2003, 01:11 AM
Remember Homer, you're not in good company when you refer to him as "Dyno". Or so he says.

Homer
05-03-2003, 01:42 AM
Huh? Why not? I don't get it...

Mason Malmuth
05-03-2003, 03:03 AM
Hi Babe:

Thanks for the plug, and thanks for the photos. (That should make everyone jealous.)

Best wishes,
Mason

MichaelD
05-03-2003, 09:18 AM
Thanks for the compliment Babe. I am truly honored to have made your list. It was great seeing you this past trip and thanks for all of your work to help make the seminar a success. I am already looking forward to my next trip to Vegas.

On a side note, it is sure nice to know that I have upwardly progressed to a "pretty good player" /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

In reference to the photos mentioned by Mason, I have not seen them, where can I find them.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Just some thoughts...

Michael D.

Abe
05-03-2003, 10:35 AM
Thanks PokerBabe.

I'll do anything (!) -- to stay on this list.

hbk
05-03-2003, 11:54 AM
Hi Babe,
Glad to see I have made the list /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif
I arrive on 11th May for 2 weeks, look forward to seeing you again, I shall no doubt find you in the Mirage.
Yes that is a cocky accent /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Greg (FossilMan)
05-03-2003, 02:45 PM
Babe,

Please do look me up if you're down at the Horseshoe during the main event or a few days before. Look for the big guy with the fossils, and say hi. It would be my pleasure to attempt to get on the Babe list. Admittedly, I am very fashion-handicapped.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

Inthacup
05-03-2003, 07:09 PM
Here you go Homer: It's Dynasty, not Dyno!!! (http://www.twoplustwo.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=mediumholdem&Number=241109 &Forum=All_Forums&Words=dyno&Match=Entire%20Phrase &Searchpage=0&Limit=100&Old=allposts&Main=240698&S earch=true#Post241109) , granted he is talking to elysium.

Tyler Durden
05-03-2003, 08:39 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
It would be my pleasure to attempt to get on the Babe.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!

Greg (FossilMan)
05-03-2003, 10:09 PM
I understand your amusement, but want to ensure that people go back and reread what I actually posted. Heck, when I first read your post, I assumed I had committed a typo of some sort, until I read my post again.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

Hosh
05-04-2003, 07:52 AM
What I like most about the BABE. She is always friendly no matter if she is winning or losing. She gives something back for taking your chips usually a smile in the tough world of poker. What more can you ask for. With her genuine personality and compassion for the many visitors and internet guests that visit her on a daily basis she still plays a super tough game. She plays the day shift a the Bellagio one of the toughest shifts and she wins not easy for anyone. She has a huge following and without her being on this forum it would be boring. She is a cut above a lot of players and has earned my respect. OH YA one last thing she looks great as well.

Tommy Angelo
05-04-2003, 07:52 AM
"Babe really likes this boy, but I must not let him play golf from the red tees this year."

I'll play from as close or far as you wanna. You can even pick my clubs. Just don't make me use a pencil.

Hey Babe, check this out. A very recent and VERY exciting moment.

http://tommyangelo.com/piano move pictures.htm

I'm Vegas-bound in a few hours. See ya soon!

Tommy