PDA

View Full Version : KQ Sooted

McGahee
09-14-2005, 10:45 PM
Back from a month off. Rusty? Dumb? Slick?
No reads thanks to distractions from Olivia and Chuddo. If you don't know who Olivia and Chuddo are, consider yourself fortunate for not wasting a day of your life. Villian is a LPP fish per PT.

Paradise Poker 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
2 folds</font>, CO calls,1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero raises</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif (3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets</font>, CO calls, SB folds.

Turn: (4 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

River: (4 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 6 BB

El Tigre
09-14-2005, 11:11 PM
not trying to be rude, but why the hell are you calling on the river? Does high card beat a pair now?

milesdyson
09-14-2005, 11:18 PM
pretty easy check fold on the river, especially against a passive player.

McGahee
09-15-2005, 12:54 PM
I realize I didn't give a very good read, but what can you put villian on when he checks the turn? IMO, even most passive players are betting a T or a weak A HU when I show weakness w/ my check.
When he bets this river given the action I absolutely feel MHIG 1 in 5 times. He might have a 2, 3, 4, or 5 - but 80% of the time? I dunno...
I was actually wondering if I should've bet the turn, but probably not since I'd be in a real tough spot on the river if he called.

AdamL
09-15-2005, 01:32 PM
I would go ahead and bet the turn here. He could be peeling one intending to fold the turn if he doesn't hit his monster. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

River is a fold as has been said.

car ramrod
09-15-2005, 01:57 PM
I would fold the river. Lately I have been in this situation a lot. It really comes down to a read. Will he call the turn with bottom pair. B/c most people will peel on the flop for a sb, then fold the turn. If thats the case betting the turn is best. Then if he calls the turn, I put him on an A or a T or some pair and check fold the river.

What I have been doing lately in this spot is leading the river if villian checks behind on the turn. I have been getting more folds or bad calls when doing this.

Either way, not sure what the best play is, I would like to think betting the turn again is best, but it is player dependant. I would also like to have the A, and the board miss me, then K hi and an A on the board when leading the turn again.