PDA

View Full Version : I feel like I played this all wrong...

09-14-2005, 09:21 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Button folds.

Turn: (3.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

MarkD
09-14-2005, 09:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Button folds.

Turn: (3.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you think you should have done? It looks fine to me. Good fold on the river. I think I often call here and I think it is wrong way too often to be a profitable call.

Lmn55d
09-14-2005, 09:43 PM
well played

adamstewart
09-14-2005, 10:48 PM
This hand was played just fine.

Like MarkD said, your river fold is probably correct. However, in actual play I think I call the river raise more often than justified. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif (I just like showdowns - which isn't a bad thing, though!)

Only other possibility is to try for a check-raise on the flop - BUT I PREFER SIMPLY LEADING THE FLOP HERE for a few reasons: 1) You'd prefer a late bettor in order to checkraise, but with only 3 others in the pot, it's a little to risky to depend on UTG or button to bet here more than half the time. 2) If the bet comes from an early position (i.e. BB or even UTG), a check-raise isn't really ideal because it only builds the pot for later streets and draws rather than protecting your hand and weeding others out. Your hand isn't strong enough that you want to 'trap' others in. 3) As sort of implied above, leading out allows someone else to raise you ... then you can choose to 3-bet, or otherwise depending ...

Adam

09-14-2005, 11:34 PM
I think I would have called the raise on the river if the other guy didn't, but with a raise and a call I figured that my hand couldn't be good. Do you all think it would still be a good fold if there was no overcall situation?