PDA

View Full Version : Huge hand on a horrible board.....?

09-14-2005, 08:21 PM
This is a hand I played today over at Crypto. I've replaced my nick with '*****'

----- HOLE CARDS -----
dealt to ***** [Ad Th]
Danny2212: calls £0.25
rsee123: calls £0.25
*****: calls £0.25
Clink111: calls £0.10
Tome2609: raises £0.25
rsee123: calls £0.25
Clink111: calls £0.25

----- FLOP ----- [Td Kd 9d]
Clink111: checks
Tome2609: bets £0.25
Clink111: calls £0.25

----- TURN ----- [Td Kd 9d][Jd]
Tome2609: bets £0.50
Danny2212: raises £1

????????????????????

What is the correct move? These are both two new players to me. Pokerace HUD is giving me nothing on them. They have only been sat down for a few hands.

Any feedback appreciated...

aK13
09-14-2005, 08:34 PM
Easy, easy call.

You got the nut flush draw, although you should probably watch out for Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

tyler_cracker
09-14-2005, 08:35 PM
Use the hand converter, luke!

Fold preflop. ATo is not a good hand multi-way, and with 2 limpers already in the pot, i don't like trying to raise and isolate.

...wait, is this 6max? Are you on the button? Your hand is too hard to read. In 6max, i could probably find a raise. Limping is still no good.

Raise the flop! You have second pair top kicker, the nut flush draw, *and* perfect position to trap the field for many bets.

I see why the turn looks scary, but that's really a fantastic card for you. You now have the nut flush; jack it up! The Qd is not necessarily out (and if it comes on the river, you will win all of the money on the table with your higher straight flush).

If one of the villains continues to go crazy, you'll have to call down at some point, but i'm certainly going quite a few bets here.

09-15-2005, 06:08 AM
Sorry, It's longhand. I am CO.

OKOK. Here is how the river played out.

----- RIVER ----- [Td Kd 9d Jd][Qs]
Tome2609: bets £0.50
Tome2609: raises £1
Tome2609: raises £1
Danny2212: calls £0.50

???????????????????????????

I shall reveal that I folded on the turn. And watching all the action on the river I was fairly pleased with myself. Even if I hadn't folded the turn I would have found it very hard to call 2 bets twice on the river.

Here is the sickening bit:
----- SHOW DOWN -----
Tome2609: shows [As 4s] (A Straight, Ace high)
Danny2212: mucks hand

Eidal
09-15-2005, 07:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Fold preflop. ATo is not a good hand multi-way

[/ QUOTE ]

ATo is +EV on the tables that Ahura and I play. Hand looks good Ahura, and the donks on Crypto make me fold a winner every now and then with crazy raise / reraise action. It happens.

P.S. Ant really is consistently 9+bb/100 =P

09-15-2005, 10:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]

ATo is +EV on the tables that Ahura and I play. Hand looks good Ahura, and the donks on Crypto make me fold a winner every now and then with crazy raise / reraise action. It happens.

P.S. Ant really is consistently 9+bb/100 =P

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree about ATo. It's worth a limp for 1 small bet in late position.

I think I was probably right to fold, can't help being annoyed about it though!

I'm still slightly sceptical whether 9+bb/100 is obtainable long term.

bozlax
09-15-2005, 10:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
...can't help being annoyed about it though!

[/ QUOTE ]

In all honesty, I'm annoyed by this thread. This may be the worst thread, ever.

First, you didn't use the hand converter.

Then, you protected YOUR identity but not the poor suckers at the table with you. You're the one that wants help, not them...if you're going to protect anyone, it should be them.

Then, it turns into just a bad-beat post. Or, more precisely, a bad-fold post, since it's pretty clear that you knew prior to posting that you made a bad play, and you wanted the board, collectively, to rub your temples and tell you it's ok.

And now, to wrap it all up, you and your boyfriend are engaging in a little inside-joke-discussion about a third party and the tables that "you" play...news-flash, fellas, we all play the same tables, and at any of the full-ring tables ATo isn't a great hand, and at 6max tables it's a raise.

car ramrod
09-15-2005, 11:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And now, to wrap it all up, you and your boyfriend are engaging in a little inside-joke-discussion about a third party and the tables that "you" play...news-flash, fellas, we all play the same tables, and at any of the full-ring tables ATo isn't a great hand, and at 6max tables it's a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, harsh, but lol

bozlax
09-15-2005, 11:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
lol, harsh, but lol

[/ QUOTE ]

It's getting ridiculous. I don't think I've seen an actual, useful hand-post in about a week. It's all "how much can I make," "why is this limit so hard," and "my vagina itches" posts. I guess I just snapped.

illegit
09-15-2005, 12:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I shall reveal that I folded on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
WTF were you thinking? Apparently you haven't been paying enough attention to the tendencies of your opponents At the 'tables that you play' because they not only don't need the Qd to bet/raise on a KJT9d board, they don't need the Ad either. In fact they don't even need a single diamond to go 4 bets on the river! You should already have known that and thus never fold Ad in this spot. Ever.

09-15-2005, 01:17 PM
You seriously need to consider quitting the game of poker. TERRIBLE fold!

09-15-2005, 07:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

7.85BB/100 over 80000 hands. Away and wash your mouth out.

09-15-2005, 07:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...can't help being annoyed about it though!

[/ QUOTE ]

In all honesty, I'm annoyed by this thread. This may be the worst thread, ever.

First, you didn't use the hand converter.

Then, you protected YOUR identity but not the poor suckers at the table with you. You're the one that wants help, not them...if you're going to protect anyone, it should be them.

Then, it turns into just a bad-beat post. Or, more precisely, a bad-fold post, since it's pretty clear that you knew prior to posting that you made a bad play, and you wanted the board, collectively, to rub your temples and tell you it's ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

The last time I checked the hand converter didnt work for Crypto logs. Whats the big deal! Its pretty damn easy to read the hand the way I wrote it.

My identity is not protected, its my nickname, you halfwit. How do you think the other guy recognised me. You really are thick arent you?

Take note, do not post while menstruating in the future.

You're a first class tosser. Nice to meet you.

lufbradolly
09-15-2005, 07:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played those tables and i've played against you and these tables are ridiculously easy.

Why, with a winrate that high haven't you moved up in limits?

That is a bad turn fold and this is a very pointless post. You should change your attitude if you wanna learn off a group of good players.

grayhawk
09-15-2005, 07:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The last time I checked the hand converter didnt work for Crypto logs. Whats the big deal! Its pretty damn easy to read the hand the way I wrote it.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's also not difficult to post the hand using the tools available like /images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif and to post the size of the pot. You can also change the <font color="red">font color</font> to indicate raises. You are asking for help from people who read this board, it is simple courtesy to make it easy for them to read.

Greg J
09-15-2005, 08:13 PM
Play nice with the other kids and the other kids will play nice with you. If you are mean to the other kids they will be mean to you and not want to help you.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I will be the first to call BS here. No on in the world could sustain that winrate, much less someone that plays as badly as you did in this hand.

EDIT: I'm locking this thread due to its general lack of value.