PDA

View Full Version : T9o

joker122
09-14-2005, 08:12 PM
i get checkraised on the turn about...oh..i don't know...100% of the time here. this is so [censored] stupid.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB

bank
09-14-2005, 08:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i get checkraised on the turn about...oh..i don't know...100% of the time here

[/ QUOTE ]

then check through...

joker122
09-14-2005, 08:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

then check through...

[/ QUOTE ]

so i can just fold to the river bet, which is also 100%? seems weak. i hate this game.

bank
09-14-2005, 08:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

so i can just fold to the river bet, which is also 100%? seems weak. i hate this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

The way you played it...no you can't. I like the river call.

istewart
09-14-2005, 08:23 PM
He's talking about being UI.

bank
09-14-2005, 08:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling the river UI with J high? What?

I'm only calling if T or 9 hits...raising of course if we hit that gutshot.

joker122
09-14-2005, 08:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

na, i'm just talking about the general situation.

Lmn55d
09-14-2005, 08:35 PM
Joker, it really depends on how much folding equity you have on the turn here. If you're playing a TAG sort of opponent I would bet it again as he'd probably play a pair/draw faster on the flop and is most often just peeling here. Against looser players I wouldn't count on folding an Ax hand. You could fold Kx or Qx (but even then this isn't guarenteed). If they are loose and reasonably aggressive you are probably better off just checking through here as a checkraise really sucks with your weak draw.

istewart
09-14-2005, 08:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling the river UI with J high? What?

I'm only calling if T or 9 hits...raising of course if we hit that gutshot.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he checks the turn and a bet comes on the river 100% of the time he will have to fold every time he does not improve. No he won't call with jack-high, but he wasn't questioning his call in this hand he was just saying that "if I check the turn I'm giving up the pot x% of the time" where x is the percentage of the time he does not improve.

But yeah this was obviously just a general reference.

chio
09-14-2005, 10:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

then check through...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is something i struggled with for the longest time also. just keep posting hands and you'll figure out the right conditions for each. in this hand i would check behind more than i would bet b/c i have a draw to the nuts, and a hand i know i can fold the river UI

adamstewart
09-14-2005, 10:38 PM
I don't like the turn bet. BB called your preflop raise, and then called the ragged flop.

Best line here, imo, is check the turn, then fold the river UI if he bets into you. (In this case, you would have improved and called the river).

Remember, on the turn the pot is only 3.25 bets so you're not giving up much with the check then fold UI line - especially seeing as you're rarely ahead on this turn.

Adam