PDA

View Full Version : sound question

DavidC
09-14-2005, 07:37 PM
Is there a way that I can make the sounds on party poker a lesser volume?

I have some MP3's that I absolutely love that have low volume, so it's tough to listen to them and play poker at the same time. But the noises of party are really loud.

I could delete the sound files for party but I might miss some of hte action. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I guess I could edit the mp3's to be louder, but I don't have software for it and it would take a long time, too.

Any suggestions appreciated.

RollaJ
09-14-2005, 08:16 PM
edit the party poker sounds to something quieter

DavidC
09-14-2005, 08:49 PM
any recommendations for some shareware for this purpose?

09-14-2005, 08:53 PM
My understanding of the PC's sound system is that the volume is determined by the file (i.e., large file, more data, more range specs, etc.). Your choice is limited to the setting(s) on your speaker(s). You might check to see if the site downloading the sound file has an option for volume level. Otherwise, you're SOL.

TheTROLL
09-14-2005, 09:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I have some MP3's that I absolutely love that have low volume, so it's tough to listen to them and play poker at the same time. But the noises of party are really loud.

I could delete the sound files for party but I might miss some of hte action. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I guess I could edit the mp3's to be louder, but I don't have software for it and it would take a long time, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

David, it would be helpful to the community if you would provide some feedback on the answers to your last question here before asking another. I put some time into checking up on your DNS question, as I had seen a few similar questions not fully answered recently...

DavidC
09-15-2005, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

David, it would be helpful to the community if you would provide some feedback on the answers to your last question here before asking another. I put some time into checking up on your DNS question, as I had seen a few similar questions not fully answered recently...

[/ QUOTE ]

---

You're right...

Wake up CALL
09-15-2005, 06:59 PM
You generally adjust the sound of differnt types of files seperately. What operating system are you using and do you have seperate audio card with it's own setup panel?

DavidC
09-15-2005, 07:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

---

You're right...

[/ QUOTE ]

---------------------------------------

Oy! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I just got a PM from "TheTROLL", who was ironically accusing me of being a troll myself... which I actually agreed with.

That's right, I agreed.

It's impossible to send tone out over the net, though, so he figured I was being sarcastic and PM'd me with something basically saying that he didn't appreciate my sarcasm (which I swear, it wasn't).

THIS message here isn't really about theTroll though; I just wanted to let you guys know that indeed I meant that seriously, and over the last few minutes I've been editing a javascript that someone wrote for me in order to help out with a question that I'd asked previously:

datamining to determined raked % at short 2/4 tables (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=software&Number=3418085&Fo rum=,All_Forums,&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main =3311141&Search=true&where=&Name=15618&daterange=& newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev =#Post3418085)

TheTROLL
09-15-2005, 07:42 PM
Apologies for the misunderstanding. I guess I'll just not bother with your requests in future, and then there'll be no more misunderstandings. Moran.

DavidC
09-15-2005, 07:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Apologies for the misunderstanding. I guess I'll just not bother with your requests in future, and then there'll be no more misunderstandings. Moran.

[/ QUOTE ]

Relax bro.

justus
09-17-2005, 12:51 AM
The program for making mp3 files louder is called MP3Gain. It's free and small. Google it. All files can be edited in one operation and you can do that while you do other stuff. So it really doesn't take very long. You can also set it so all the songs will have the same gain. If your first attempt makes them not loud enough, the repeat attempt will go even faster. But remember not to run or play any tunes during the process. That can lead to many problems that could result in the loss of a mp3. Just no music playing and you're good to go. It think it can do 500 songs in about 15 minutes. Hope this helps and you see it this late in the string.