PDA

View Full Version : When to bet Texans

jayheaps
09-14-2005, 07:00 PM
Love the Texans this week? SHould i bet now at +6.5 or wait and hope the line moves up to 7+?

eggzz
09-14-2005, 09:23 PM
I don't see this line going anywhere, but if it does move off 6.5 I would highly doubt that it would move down. I suspect you'd have a pretty good chance of catching 7 for this game.

Me, I would wait to get at least 12.5 before betting the Texans though.

;

09-14-2005, 09:30 PM
a 6.5 spread is risky even in this low scoring game, can be one and still be 14-7, i do like the texans side of it more given they are at home but i do think they will lose the game and 7 would be MUCH better

natedogg
09-14-2005, 11:49 PM
I would consider taking the Houston money line here at +220

Consider this.

Houston just lost to the best defense in the NFL while on the road. Pittsburgh just won at home in a rout of one of the worst teams in the NFL right now.

Carr's Texans have a reputation for making the game close by the end no matter what, especially at home.

Do the math. Pittsburgh is not the play here.

natedogg

NoChance
09-15-2005, 12:40 AM
Pittsburgh has the best defense. Houston will face it this week.

dpen1000
09-15-2005, 09:58 AM
Your icon doesn't give anything away now does it no chance?

Easy E
09-15-2005, 10:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Houston just lost to the best defense in the NFL while on the road.
natedogg

[/ QUOTE ]

Too early to say where the Bills defense ranks in my opinion, though I'd put it in top 5 as an estimate.

NoChance
09-15-2005, 12:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your icon doesn't give anything away now does it no chance?

[/ QUOTE ]

My icon has nothing to do with it. Pittsburgh was first last year in both points scored and yards given up. Buffalo was also ranked very high but not first. Do you deny this?

As for this year, the Houston offensive line is beaten up a little bit right now. If you think Buffalo was more impressive holding the Texans to 7 points while Pittsburgh held an explosive offense in the Titans to 7 points, well....we will just have to agree to disagree.

scott8
09-15-2005, 03:50 PM
Roethlienberugnewrer has been downgraded to questionable.

When a player gets downgraded on Thursday it usually means something, but losing the QB for a team that doesn't like to throw more than 15 times a game might not be as significant for sports wagering purposes.

Anyway, thats the news.