Seat 7: jbeckle ( $755 )
Seat 5: tenpin111 ( $755 )
Seat 1: Mewantymony ( $740 )
Seat 10: russell305 ( $710 )
Seat 9: mwj84 ( $860 )
Trny:15733822 Level:1
Blinds(10/15)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero[ A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
animal628 calls [15].
2 folds
jbeckle calls [15].
fold
mwj84 calls [15].
fold
Mewantymony raises [60].
2 folds
animal628 calls [45].
jbeckle calls [45].
mwj84 calls [45].

4 in the pot.

** Dealing Flop ** [ 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
animal628 checks.
jbeckle checks.
mwj84 checks.
Mewantymony checks.
** Dealing Turn ** [ 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
animal628 checks.
jbeckle checks.
mwj84 checks.
Mewantymony bets [125].
animal628 folds.
jbeckle calls [125].
mwj84 folds.
** Dealing River ** [ 4h ]
jbeckle checks.
Mewantymony bets [150].
jbeckle calls [150].
Mewantymony shows [ Ad, Qd ] a pair of fours.
jbeckle shows [ 5h, 5c ] two pairs, fives and fours.
jbeckle wins 815 chips with two pairs, fives and fours.

I was iffy about betting preflop, but thought it would be OK since I had the button. I think I shouldve made a 1/2 pot sized bet on the flop, but I was hesitant on bluffing the 10+1 players. I played this hand pretty badly =(.

Ty for any help, Brian

cow_phunk
09-14-2005, 06:36 PM
oh, oh, my first meaningful analysis.

fold pre-flop.
aq, real dog level I.

09-14-2005, 07:24 PM
AQ suited is a dog on level I when have the button??????!!!!!!!!!!!

Well its def. a dog the way I played it. But Im pretty sure AQ isnt a fold preflop here.

playtitleist
09-14-2005, 07:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
fold pre-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think HERO can limp (certainly don't raise) with the two earlier limpers, hoping it limps around. Fold to any raise PF. And check/fold this flop. Your are beat by SOMEBODY.

EDIT - the way you posted the hand it was hard to tell where you sat. I still don't change my play now that you point out you were button.

rybones
09-14-2005, 11:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
oh, oh, my first meaningful analysis.

fold pre-flop.
aq, real dog level I.

[/ QUOTE ]

2 things:

A: this is not meaningful analysis.

2: A,Q soooted from the button is a great hand even Level 1. the number of $11 fish who will bet their last $ on A,7o is amazing.

and D: limp the A,Q soooted and check fold any missed flop, the number of $11 fish who will bet their last $ on a missed A,Q sooooted hand is amazing.

Just my thoughts,

Ryan

p.s. bonus points for anyone who gets the movie reference.

09-15-2005, 11:44 AM
Well, this is the first time that I've come across a hand in which I was the villian. Thought that I'd share my thoughts with you on this hand. First, I must say that you did make it a tough river decision and that I did think about laying the hand down. Probably would've folded to a push. Also would've given up to a continuation type bet on the flop given the amount of players and my poor hand.

First, I've been playing a lot of full tilt lately where the stacks are deeper and so I like to limp in early stages with low pocket pairs and generally play it for set value. On party, this can be expensive. When you popped it up on the button to 60, I didn't like it but called fairly certain that i could take a four or five way flop for 60 and try to win a big pot.
On the flop, I didn't like my hand, as my set card would fill the straight draw and the gut shot was to the sucker end of the straight. However, it was checked around and no one showed any apparent strength. I expected a bet from you, and when you didn't bet the flop, I eliminated all overpairs from your range, as you should bet to protect against such a draw heavy board. JJ likely would've raised more, and QQ KK and AA, and even 10 10 should've bet that flop. So I had you on a range of high card hands at this point, and had no idea what the other guys might have.

The turn brought the 4 of spades, which was a very good card for my hand. Any straight would have been made already on the flop or would've been a highly improbable 35 gutshot. Further, it added an up and down straight draw so if a 3 popped off, I wasn't staring at the absolute sucker straight. I checked, hoping to catch a 3 on the river for cheap and to see what developed. It was checked to you on the button and you bet out 125 at almost 300. I hesitated, and went with my read that you had two high cards, perhaps picking up a spade draw, and thinking if I was beat it would be with a hand like A9.
When the river came out another 4, I checked, hoping for a showdown. The bet of 150 was irksome, as I would be down to 200ish if wrong, and I only had 4th pair with two of an underpair. Like I said earlier, I really felt from the action that you had two high cards and grudgingly called dreading a hand like A9, A6, A7, or A4. It turns out my read was right.

My advice would be to limp, or if you raise to either make a continuation bet on flop, or more likely this early in a PP $11 just to check it down after missing the flop. I hope this has been helpful. If you are looking for someone to talk to about hands and analyze plays around the $11 to $22 buyin, send me a PM.

jwesty5
09-15-2005, 05:53 PM
The raise preflop seems fine.

I would have made a continuation bet on the flop instead of betting the turn. Too many possible draws at the turn to get people to fold at the 10+1's.

Your small bet on the end will be perceived to be a bluff at the 11's. Think of what possible winning hands he might fold to your bluff for $150. I'd check it down and cut your losses