PDA

View Full Version : Best parts of Yao's book?

UATrewqaz
09-14-2005, 06:07 PM
I am very busy at work and cannot read Yao's book cover to cover as of now, what are the best chapters to hit?

I've read and reread SSHE so I'm looking for parts he does better (if possible) than SSHE or new concepts.

Leavenfish
09-14-2005, 09:07 PM
I might point you to the short handed section.

---Leavenfish

Luv2DriveTT
09-15-2005, 01:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I might point you to the short handed section.

[/ QUOTE ]

Says it all... also his hand reading is mighty good.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

amulet
09-15-2005, 01:39 PM
i would suggest instead of playing for a few days after work that you read the entire book. it is very solid. however, if you have read most of sklansky's books and ssh, there will not be a lot that you have not read before. and sklansky and ssh probably present it somewhat better. nonetheless, it is still a very good book that will remind you of a lot of important concepts, and that you will get a lot out of.

09-15-2005, 04:48 PM
I have read TOP and HOH I, should I still get this book? I would like more info on reading, and especially shorthanded game... since you mentioned that it caught my attention. also, where do you guys usually pick up the 2+2 books?

amulet
09-15-2005, 10:33 PM
it depends. it is a good book. and even if the material covers things that you have read, it is always helpful to read it again. however, i think there are other books i suggest that you might want to read before it. ssh comes to mind, i do not play the low limits, yet i thought i was a great book.

i read all decent poker books, and if they are good i reread them. if you get just 1 or 2 things out of a book, it is worth it. if it makes you think it is worth it.

I suggest ALL of the following books, they are all terrific, and they are in no particular order:
The Theory of Poker
Hold'em Poker for Advanced Players
Small Stakes Hold 'em
Harrington on Hold 'em Volume I
Harrington on Hold'em Volume II
Seven Card Stud for Advanced Players
High-Low Split Poker, Seven Card Stud and Omaha Eight or Better for Advanced Players
Sklansky on Poker
Gambling Theory and Other Topics
Getting the Best of It
Inside the Poker Mind
Middle Limit Holdem
Poker Esasys I
Poker Esasys II
Poker Eassys III
Tournament Poker for Advanced Players