PDA

View Full Version : 3/6 live, 3rd nut board flush

thesharpie
09-14-2005, 05:44 PM
9 handed 3/6 live

I get A/images/graemlins/heart.gifJ/images/graemlins/spade.gif in CO

3 loose passive limpers to me, I raise, BB calls, 3rd limper who is mostly LPP limp reraises, he raises his great and decent hand preflop so he's probably LRRing light, he sometimes makes desperation bluffs, he tried to bluff my river weakness after I bet all the way, I call. 5 to the flop for ~14SB

K92/images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB checks, EP bets, MP1 folds, MP3 calls, I call, BB calls

(9BB) Turn puts 4 to a flush on board

Everyone checks to me, EP open folded, I check

River brings a board flush, no straight flush possible (3 handed)

BB who I've seen checkraise a paired flop against a preflop raiser and bet all the way with nothing, then complain after about how he can't play with amateurs because they call everything, bets, I got a sense he wasn't very strong, folded to me, I raise intending to call a 3 bet.

Should I be betting this turn? The limp reraiser probably wouldn't check raise me with air, I haven't seen him bluff raise, although he did check raise middle pair on the turn when the top card paired. However the BB is probably capable of it, and there's always the chance one of the checkraises a worse flush thinking it's the best hand. I don't want to fold the best hand, nor do I want to pay 3BB to get to showdown so I check the turn not only for that reason but it might induce a low spade that would've folded the turn to call, might induce a bluff by the BB, or if a board flush comes they might all call hoping to split.

Nick C
09-14-2005, 07:18 PM
It looks good to me.

I probably wouldn't raise the river, fearing BB whiffed on a turn checkraise. But it sounds like your river play was based on sort of a vague physical tell. And I'd imagine there's a good chance BB will pay you off if you have him beat.