PDA

View Full Version : further reading

Asim
09-14-2005, 05:21 PM
i have read SSHE twice now... I am planning on reading it for a third time within the next few weeks... however, I was wondering what other readings apply to microlimit sections. thanks for all your help guys.. I playin .5/1 right now on PP, will move up to 1/2 after 25,000 hands...

I will have the bankroll for 1/2 really soon... if the game is not much different than .5/1, do you think its worth staying on .5/1 for the experience, or should I just move up as quickly as I can? thanks (btw, I am talking about 6-max)

-AsiM

Asim
09-14-2005, 05:35 PM
bump

Paxosmotic
09-14-2005, 05:38 PM
Read the SSHE hand quizzes a few more times, they're really good applications of the topics. Then pickup any of the following : Theory of Poker, Weighing the Odds in Hold Em Poker, or Internet Texas Hold Em (a vastly underrated book which is perfect for where you are in your game). Stay at .5/1 for a little while longer, the jump to 1/2 is pretty big.

CourtJester
09-14-2005, 05:39 PM
Read these forums a lot, they teach you tons you cant learn just by reading SSH a lot. Other good books though include HEPFAP TOP and King Yaos WOHEP thats supposed to be a great compliment to SSH. I have read and will vouch for the first 3, but WOHEP seems to be drawing a pretty big crowd aswell. SSH, WOHEP, and these forums though for the best reading on micros to small stakes though. GL

SavageMiser
09-14-2005, 06:44 PM
You cannot go wrong with The Theory of Poker.

ShakaZulu
09-14-2005, 07:16 PM
Do you really think the jump from .5/1 6max to 1/2 6max is that much? I recently made the change and while I have taken a small downswing I don't feel like the game is any harder (at party). After reading SSHE I felt like I had the tools to operate at this level. Seems like the OP is on the right track with his reading/bankroll/amount of hands played before moving up. Maybe I'm crazy though.

aces_dad
09-14-2005, 07:52 PM
In order my favorites and suggestions to you are:

SSHE
HEFAP
WOHEP
TPFAP - if you play any SNG / home tourneys this one goes up the list.

I would recommend reading each of these twice before recommending any of the other books I've read so far.